OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
the FordPass widget for iOS or the website viewing thread can show you the dates set for the ota.
wait what is that?
I have the widget installed but it doesn’t tell me anything about the OTA. What am I missing?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Run the widget and when the menu pops up:

Widget settings, debug, view ota info…

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I have a Ford contact trying to get me to make an appointment to get the dealer to fix the update. Not sure if I should and also it’s a full day off for me to do this.
I don’t believe the dealer can do Power Up updates.

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Run the widget and when the menu pops up:

Widget settings, debug, view ota info…
oh yeah I saw that but mine doesn’t tell me when my next install attempt is scheduled for. It just tells me it failed a month ago.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
I too am in the stuck state. Been through two cycles of it. If you aren’t aware the FordPass widget for iOS or the website viewing thread can show you the dates set for the ota. Once it expires the sync system seems to reset within a couple drives and go back to its previous release. Then it tries again if they send a new ota request to the car… my next expire date is 1/11.
I assume you're referring to these two lines?

deploymentCreationDate: "2022-01-04T16:22:35.965+0000"
deploymentExpirationTime: "2022-01-11T16:22:35.965+0000"

If so , looks like we're in the same boat. Are you able to toggle the automatic download button or set a scheduled time? I can't do either one.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I assume you're referring to these two lines?

deploymentCreationDate: "2022-01-04T16:22:35.965+0000"
deploymentExpirationTime: "2022-01-11T16:22:35.965+0000"

If so , looks like we're in the same boat. Are you able to toggle the automatic download button or set a scheduled time? I can't do either one.
yep, those lines. And nope, I can’t do those things either andif I check my sync version in the car I get the failed version of —-. Based on the prior time I saw this I expect if I go out driving on 1/12 it will reset to the previous sync version and then take whatever ota they send next.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Just so you know 21P22 doesn't address the 1.7.1 update failure. It does update other modules but not the APIM. Your service advisor may believe 21P22 also updates the APIM, which is incorrect.

My dealer is good and my service tech assumed 21P22 addresses the APIM failure. In my case the only way to get around the 1.7.1 failure was to replace the APIM. Everything works as it should and I just got the 2.1.0 update.
When they replaced the APIM did they have to pull apart the whole dash? I really want to avoid that if at all possible, because those panel pieces never seem to fit back in as tight after they've been pulled off.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
yep, those lines. And nope, I can’t do those things either andif I check my sync version in the car I get the failed version of —-. Based on the prior time I saw this I expect if I go out driving on 1/12 it will reset to the previous sync version and then take whatever ota they send next.
I have the Sync____ versions as well.

Last edited:
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
Same boat as others. Failed update, can't toggle auto updates, random bugs, and no luck from Ford as they just opened a ticket, emailed me telling me to go to a dealer and closed my ticket.

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
Same boat as others. Failed update, can't toggle auto updates, random bugs, and no luck from Ford as they just opened a ticket, emailed me telling me to go to a dealer and closed my ticket.
it’s hilarious that they’re sending you to a dealer even though the dealer can’t do anything about OTA updates. Mine told me some nonsense about unreliable Wi-Fi connection. I was like, dude, no. I got gigabit internet at home and pretty good connection in the garage. That’s not it haha

theganyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Same leaky boat as others: No updates and can't enable updates in the car since Oct/Nov. I finally contacted support, who told me to go to the dealer... which, of course, we've seen is a crapshoot at best. I only have this one car and it works and I don't want a janky loaner, so I suppose I'll wait another week to see what happens. I'm not expecting any change since updates seem permanently turned off, though. This worst part about this entire experience is the lack of good communication from Ford. Very disappointed with that.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I've also been stuck on 1.7.1 for a few months. Updating all the other modules didn't change anything. My automatic updates toggle is greyed out. I called Ford a few weeks ago and I feel like they didn't care about my issue. I'm hoping the CS rep was just having an off day.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
When they replaced the APIM did they have to pull apart the whole dash? I really want to avoid that if at all possible, because those panel pieces never seem to fit back in as tight after they've been pulled off.
I believe it's one panel under the APIM screen. I saw a post somewhere showing how to do the job and it was very simple.

As for fit/finish after the APIM repair all is good. No rattles or scratches or any signs that work has been done. My dealer's service department is very good and that of course makes a big difference on quality of work!

Last edited:

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
This morning, I found out that I could set my time/day. So, I set it for 30 minutes later. I will go and check it out later. My guess is that it will fail, but maybe Santa Claus is giving us a late Xmas gift.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Same leaky boat as others: No updates and can't enable updates in the car since Oct/Nov. I finally contacted support, who told me to go to the dealer... which, of course, we've seen is a crapshoot at best. I only have this one car and it works and I don't want a janky loaner, so I suppose I'll wait another week to see what happens. I'm not expecting any change since updates seem permanently turned off, though. This worst part about this entire experience is the lack of good communication from Ford. Very disappointed with that.
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I can take a look into this on my end.
Sponsored