superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
I have seen the % bump up by one percent without any downhill/regen in use (although not at 100%, as I rarely charge to this level). My guess is that the vehicle has charged to 100%, so it stops charging. But then as it is sitting there the vehicle may get warmer (later in the day, shade goes away, etc.), and may increase the voltage of the battery.
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I definitely saw it at least once, and going up from 90% multiple times. It usually happens in winter after the car was charged in the warm garage. And I agree with others who said it's the temperature thing. My SB 100% capacity at 40F is 62 KWh, and at 32F maybe 60, but the 62 that were pumped into it are still there so the calculation gives 101% in this case.

Yesterday I left the car with 92%, and this morning it reported 93%. I suspect that one of my neighbors secretly charged it :rolleyes:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I saw it once. Rounding error in the software.
Yeah, that's what I'd put my money on. They don't have safeguards around what's displayed here, so the calculation to show % probably has a tolerance range that can show above 100% just purely from doing math (Maybe something like 88.9kWh out of 88.0 kWh estimated)
Sponsored