First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hey,
Just got my Mach-E this weekend. Excited. Everything works pretty good except I can’t get PAAK to set up. It downloads the key, I get the code and copy it and then it is about to pair with the car but says failed to pair.
I tried with carplay On, withcar play off, with Bluetooth connected, with Bluetooth disconnected. I tried to remove the iPhone 12 Pro from the Mach e, I tried to remove the Mach e from the iPhon, I deleted the app and re -installed it…. you get it, I tried a lot. Any good suggestions?

thanks
Sponsored

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Have your iPhone paired to the Mach E.

If you have an incomplete PaaK on your FordPass, delete it, and start the installation over. I found that I couldn’t modify a PaaK, just delete & re-install it.

Also, write down the 6 digit pairing code number in case it fails to copy it. If it doesn’t pair to your PaaK , you’ll need this number to avoid starting over.

Always setup your backup key code after setting up your PaaK.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tonta9

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I solved it by deleting the key in the phone and resetting PAAK key in the vehicle! Only took me 4 days to figure that one out :)

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I solved it by deleting the key in the phone and resetting PAAK key in the vehicle! Only took me 4 days to figure that one out :)
Congrats on resolving this problem. You’ll find that the manual under-explains everything.

PaaK is an unreliable app. Make sure to setup a backup key code so the MME can be started “when” PaaK fails. No need to change the door post code.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Congrats on resolving this problem. You’ll find that the manual under-explains everything.

PaaK is an unreliable app. Make sure to setup a backup key code so the MME can be started “when” PaaK fails. No need to change the door post code.
Just to clarify - you cannot change the door code. You CAN make your own code for the door, but the original factory code won't be removed.

What should be removed, IMMEDIATELY, from the vehicle is the little plastic card with the factory code on it, and put in a safe place.

I store the factory code, and my code, on my phone under a name.

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After replacing the car’s apim, I have also had my Ford Pass Bluetooth disconnected. When trying repair the phone to set up the Paak, I now have two Mach e devices in Bluetooth. One pairs the phone and the other doesn’t. As a result, the phone temporarily pairs but the PaaK never connects to Bluetooth. Do any of you have more than one Mach e Bluetooth device show up on your device list? I‘m concerned about deleting the Pass app and reloading it to try to reset in the vehicle given this situation. Any ideas will be appreciated.

OP
OP

Tonta9

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I deleted my wife’s old phone, from the app and set up her new one no problems

twatson799

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e, 66 Mustang, 56 Tbird, 2002 Tbird
Occupation
Auto exec
Country flag
If you have an iPhone and have given up on trying to get PAAK to work, I suggest trying again. A new iOS version was released around the date this latest thread started. We took delivery of our Mach-E in November and couldn't get PAAK setup even after multiple trips to the dealer. On Thursday last week (Jan 13), I got a call from my dealer saying there were some new updates just released. I noticed also that Apple just released an update and mentioned in the details of iOS 15.2.1 that there were updates to vehicle connectivity and CarPlay. That gives me a clue that there were updates by Ford and by Apple simultaneously (but this is only speculation on my part). Here's the procedure the dealer asked me to follow and it worked awesome:

1) update iPhone to iOS 15.2.1 (or later version)
2) delete the Mach-E from FordPass
3) delete FordPass from all your devices
4) go to your car and do a master reset of the vehicle software
5) shut the vehicle off for at least an hour after you do the reset (this is different than previous procedures I was asked to try).
6) reinstall FordPass on your iPhone
7) readd your Mach-E to FordPass
8) click the Setup PAAK option on the main screen of FordPass and complete the steps

It doesn't matter if you connect your phone to the car before or after setting up PAAK. PAAK creates a separate Bluetooth connection to your car than the Bluetooth connection for infotainment.

Hopefully, this helps a few of you out there.
Sponsored