PAAK fails again

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Went into garage with cell. App is open and running, phone is locked. Can't open door. Says Bluetooth disconnected, but it's connected. Used app to unlock door, couldn't power on without passcode. Android, fully updated. Thankful I have 2 fobs.
Sponsored

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Don't bother to waste more time on this joke. It is too unreliable for normal use. I ordered my second fob, even though I think Ford should offer it for free given how much trouble this PAAK has brought to us and how much time ppl has wasted on it. I guess for 2022 model 2 fobs will become standard.

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Went into garage with cell. App is open and running, phone is locked. Can't open door. Says Bluetooth disconnected, but it's connected. Used app to unlock door, couldn't power on without passcode. Android, fully updated. Thankful I have 2 fobs.
I agree, I have stopped trying to make it work. Just bring the keyfob and be done. PAAK was working great after I had the dealer do some updates but it has steadily declined and now is to a point where I do not trust it at all. Maybe it is all the updates but it does not even feel like a Beta version it just sucks. "

TO give you an example, couple of weeks ago I was meeting someone downtown and I had a parking spot in front of the restaurant, people were admiring the car, when me and my friend left I could not open the door for a good three minutes, so I decided then no more trying to make this work. It is just embarrasing. The keyfob works great.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I didn't plan on using it, but fob wasn't handy due to being at my son's and our stuff is upstairs. I only setup PAAK to get the backup code loaded, and to get the Bluetooth functionality - windows up or down, horn/lights, and trunk.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree, I have stopped trying to make it work. Just bring the keyfob and be done. PAAK was working great after I had the dealer do some updates but it has steadily declined and now is to a point where I do not trust it at all. Maybe it is all the updates but it does not even feel like a Beta version it just sucks. "

TO give you an example, couple of weeks ago I was meeting someone downtown and I had a parking spot in front of the restaurant, people were admiring the car, when me and my friend left I could not open the door for a good three minutes, so I decided then no more trying to make this work. It is just embarrasing. The keyfob works great.
I only use PAAK however....I used to only be able to open the front door by either opening the back passenger door first or punching in the code. Then I saw on here to remove the neg cable on the 12V battery for a minute and reconnect. It fixed the problem now it always opens using PAAK and pushing the front door button. If you decide to do it you will reset the GOM and mileage estimates go back down with time and more driving (over 500miles) it comes back.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I use PAAK 100%, I hate carrying a fob..

With the latest FordPass update I've not had much of any issues at all with it. Today the PAAK did fail to unlock my door, but after using the keypad I was able to start the car without any issue. I do have it load the Guest profile FREQUENTLY for whatever reason. I would say its about a 50/50 chance on if the car loads the right profile. I've even had it load guest after using the PAAK door code... :-|

Before 3.30.0 I would have the door fail to unlock pretty frequently. I think the last time I had it fully fail was about a month ago. It actually failed twice that day on me.
Sponsored