Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Using my Android phone as PAAK, I run into glitches. Ok, open app, wait and PAAK functions ok but keeping FP app open, I switch to my Grubhub app, deliver food, go back to FP app, the try to start ME, "No Key Detected". Most time I need to restart phone to get PAAK function back.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Using my Android phone as PAAK, I run into glitches. Ok, open app, wait and PAAK functions ok but keeping FP app open, I switch to my Grubhub app, deliver food, go back to FP app, the try to start ME, "No Key Detected". Most time I need to restart phone to get PAAK function back.
Make sure you go into your power settings and make sure that FordPass is set to never go to sleep.

This will have an impact on your battery life. But if the app goes to sleep, PAAK dies.

It still likely won't be 100%, but it should be more reliable.

OP
OP

05reinvent

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Make sure you go into your power settings and make sure that FordPass is set to never go to sleep.

This will have an impact on your battery life. But if the app goes to sleep, PAAK dies.

It still likely won't be 100%, but it should be more reliable.
How to go into Power Settings? In Ford Pass App? Android settings?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Android settings. It should be under power settings or battery settings. My phone lists it as "Background usage limits" In here you can choose which apps never go to sleep.

OP
OP

05reinvent

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Android settings. It should be under power settings or battery settings. My phone lists it as "Background usage limits" In here you can choose which apps never go to sleep.

Ok found it and Ford Pass is listed as an app that is never put to sleep but PAAK still not 100%

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ok found it and Ford Pass is listed as an app that is never put to sleep but PAAK still not 100%
How long have you had your car? Did you have the notice for the PAAK update your dealer can perform and did you get that done?

Just based on other threads, it seems like the PAAK experience is different depending on what phone you have. One user on a Pixel 6 is having 100% reliability. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra, and everything works, except once in the car I get the no key detected every time.

If your dealer can't or won't do any updates for your car you might be best to just swap back to using a fob for a while since your work requires you getting in and out of the car quite a bit.

OP
OP

05reinvent

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How long have you had your car? Did you have the notice for the PAAK update your dealer can perform and did you get that done?

Just based on other threads, it seems like the PAAK experience is different depending on what phone you have. One user on a Pixel 6 is having 100% reliability. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra, and everything works, except once in the car I get the no key detected every time.

If your dealer can't or won't do any updates for your car you might be best to just swap back to using a fob for a while since your work requires you getting in and out of the car quite a bit.

Car for 5 months and appreciate all the feedback from this forum. Dealer is brain dead when queried about ME functions. I will check again on field notice update but little cautious that may screw something up.

Not surprised about different results on different phones. I have the Samsung S9+ and looking at S21+. Ultra and + the same? How do you like S21 Ultra.

Resistant to using FOB, I lost one FOB on my Chevy Volt and got into big problems trying program replacement FOB.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag

Go into apps and find FordPass and tap on it. You should see something like this screen.
Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK issues 1635952836324

Then tap on Battery and you should see this screen. Turn on "Allow Background Activity".

Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK issues 1635952902853