Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I had the TSB update installed some time ago. PaaK was working better, but reliability gradually began to deteriorate. The reliability has deteriorated exponentially to the point where the car never "wakes" up when I approach it with my phone in my hand, app open. It almost never opens when I press the button on the door (I have to unlock it via the app), it rarely will recognize the phone as a key when the phone is on the charging pad with the app open, when I press the start button. after 2-3 presses of the start button, it might recognize the phone as a key. Sometimes, it will prompt me for the car password, then, partway through entering the car password, it will decide that it recognizes the phone as a key and "magically" start ?‍♂

I can't even guess as to what may be going on. The software on my iPhone isn't changing (same iOS, same version of FordPass). The software in the vehicle isn't changing (we know how quickly Ford pushes out OTAs and everyone knows that I'm usually the lucky one who gets a rock when an OTA is pushed :)). About all I can speculate on is something weird like a memory leak or something in one of the many modules? I dunno? Whatever it is, I'm tired of this silliness.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Last edited:

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
For the heck of it, try another phone Too. Mine has been flawless since the PAAK update over 40 days ago and I have not had to do anything. Same phone, same Fordpass. Do a hard reset of your phone too, new install of Ford Pass and PAAK. I have an IPhone XR. Ford pass is always running and I do not need it on the screen to do anything. If you can, make sure you did get the PAAK update. Maybe it went away (I do not know if it can). Finally make sure Fordpass is using location services all the time.
Sponsored