Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
iPhone 14 Pro, most of the time I have to take the phone out of my pocket and hold it up to the passenger doors for the door button to light up to unlock. If the phone is in my pocket pressing the door button multiple times does nothing. Driver door walk up with phone in pocket seems to be more reliable, still doesn't work like 30% of the time. My biggest complaint with the Mach E, it should just unlock walking up to passenger doors too, when its pouring rain and you're holding a toddler in one arm and bags of stuff in the other I shouldn't have to pull the phone out of my pocket and bring it a couple inches closer to the door...

Also, once every so often, car will say key not detected and I have to restart bluetooth on my phone for it to connect.
yup the BT signal strength is used to sense proximity, and I'd say that it would be nice to open that radius up enough so the car would sense the phone from 15' instead of 3'.

downside is if your garage is 'close' to where you walk by in your home.... the car could be waking up or unlocking/re-locking as you walk by multiple times a day. I suppose 'smarter' software sensing increasing signal strength as you approach could modify this behavior not to trigger unlock unless you continue to approach to within 15' AND hit any door or the hatch button.
Sponsored

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
One thing I HAVE noticed is that it appears to be MUCH more reliable when walking up to the passenger front door than the driver's. I update via FDRS pretty regularly to stay up to date but it definitely is hit/miss with mine. And that's multiple iPhone models, multiple iOS versions.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
After months of not being able to re-set PAAK, I tried again after an update a couple of weeks ago.

This time the FordPass app (ver. 4.29.1) asked me if I wanted to clear out an older setup (key?) which I said Yes to. Then the screen popped up to copy in the Bluetooth code and it set up! Tested fine in my driveway. I was thrilled.

However, I sure was not going to trust it. I put my key fob in a Faraday bag and carried it with me. PAAK worked great for a few days and then the car stopped responding to it but I could open the doors with the app. But the car could not find it. Ugh! Took the fob out of the Faraday bag to get home.

PAAK seems to be working at times as I do get a message the car locked as I walked away even with the key fob present. Just can not trust it.
What phone manufacture and model do you use?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Been going well since the last post but this morning my phone's Bluetooth would not connect with the Mach-e. It was awake since it was pre-conditioning and I could hear noises when I pressed the door buttons. Pulled out the key fob so I could get on my way.

I restarted the app once I got to work and all was fine when I went out to lunch a few hours later. Sure wish I could trust it so I would not have to carry the key fob in the Faraday pouch I use all the time.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Update since the previous post....PaaK is 98% reliable. Still carrying the FOB in a Faraday pouch for those 2% moments.

my PAAK has been 100% since 're-install' required after Android update about a year ago.

I do keep my fob wrapped in foil burrito hidden inside the cabin, more than 2' from center console armrest, in case of phone loss/failure and to hand to service or valet parking on rare occasions.

I do also (generally) turn Bluetooth on my phone OFF when I am home since I go in and out of the garage a lot and I don't want to wake up the MME as I pass by and drain the 12v.
Sponsored