• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Hi All,

I'm curious what phone(s) might work best with Phone as a Key for passive entry / passive start. Can you post the phone model you're using in this thread and let me know how satisfied you are with the performance in the poll?

Thank You
Sponsored

Papapoil

First Name
StƩphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD Grabber Blue
Country flag
Samsung Galaxy A13, works half the time. Sometimes, it unlocks the doors, but it is impossible to start the car (no key recognized).

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Initial setup when I first got my car was not great.... running on an old Android. Thru several iterations of Samsung-Android OS, performance and reliability have improved. One major phone update that included some changes to Bkluetooth forced me to un-install and re-install FordPass and reconfigure PAAK.... but it's been fine ever since.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I intentionally handicap mine because I don't want Fordpass running in the background all the time, chewing through my phone battery. So mine has worked, but it isn't primarily what I use.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
iPhone 12 Pro Max
*Keep FordPass app running background 100% of the time* (Doesn't seem to impact battery life)

Sometimes a second press of the door button is required, but otherwise its worked pretty much every time to open door or start the car.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Pixel 6 Pro running latest OS updates (July and August). I could not get PAAK setup at dealer during purchase. I messed with it when I got home and struggled to get it to connect. After deleting phone bluetooth pairing for everything multiple times, it finally connected. I'm not sure what the magic sequence was.

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
iPhone 13. Iā€™m 100% PaaK - works well enough for me, but not without some annoyances. A couple times a week, have to wait for the phone to ā€˜connectā€˜ with car when Iā€™m walking up and pushing the door button endlessly. Usually taking phone out of pocket and opening fordpass (even though I always leave it ā€œONā€) helps things along.
My biggest gripe is crappy Bluetooth connectivity after the main screen Alexa updateā€¦.but thatā€™s on another thread.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
iPhone 11 Pro. Mine is a work device running some device mgmt, but that shouldnā€™t impact the Bluetooth/Wi-Fi.

Same experience as most everyone, I think. I only get the ā€œno key detectedā€ maybe once a month tops, now. Acceptable.

But there are still plenty of times when I have to stand around waiting for 5+ seconds for the car to wake up and let me open the door.

I keep the app running on my phone, but I donā€™t do anything else special. Nor should I. PAAK is supposed to be a substitute for the fob. I shouldnā€™t have to take my phone out of my pocket, wave it around, etc.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Pixel 6a running beta builds, I am 100% PaaK. Initially worked flawlessly, over the course of last year performance degraded. Around Dec/Jan got continual failures, "no key detected". That has since resolved with the Android 14 lastest Beta release, PaaK has now been flawless over the last 3 weeks.

ReverendPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium, 2018 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
iPhone 14 Max. Seems to work reliably, although, as others have mentioned, sometimes opening the door takes a couple presses. It's as if it doesn't start looking for the phone until it realizes someone is trying to get in. But I primarily use my fob anyway.

itzbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium ER AWD
Country flag
funny enough 21B36 update broke PAAK on my phone. it thinks that it completes as soon as I attempt to pair with the vehicle and never completes the setup. prior to this, my iphone 12 pro max was working fine and 90% of the time unlocked and opened the door on the first click.

tested with a second phone and it's able to complete setup and able to unlock/start/frunk/trunk. i'll have to do a restore on my phone to determine whether it'll resolve itself but waiting on ios 17 before i attempt that.

GERChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Iphone 14Pro - works fine so far... only thing I noticed is that it doesnt automaticially load my personal profile? (and it's the only one I have set up...)

Did someone else have that happen ?

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I just activated PaaK after two months when I heard about the Frunk button in Ford Pass. It's only been a few days, but it works very well for me so far.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Sony Xperia 1 II running Android 12. It's been the same issue year after year - it takes about 10+ seconds to connect once I push the door button, but once it connects, it works flawlessly.

I carry the fob around for daily use (mostly because I leave it in my purse), but PaaK is nice to have for when I don't bring the purse for one reason or another. Ironically enough, it seems that PaaK is doing the walk away lock 100% of the time, probably because the app lacks bluetooth calibration for my phone, so the phone/car thinks it's very far away from the car at the drop of a hat.
Sponsored