Pairing Apple Watch with Mach-E and using for PAAK?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Really? If I put my phone in airplane mode, and try to issue a FordPass command from my watch, I just get an error saying “Something is not right”.
yeah, it can't work independently, it still relies on the phone's connection, unless something changed recently. But I use it every day and mad I can't remote start the car when I'm on a walk without my phone.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
yeah, it can't work independently, it still relies on the phone's connection, unless something changed recently. But I use it every day and mad I can't remote start the car when I'm on a walk without my phone.
I think the capability exists within the Apple watch to do things like this independently of the phone, but Ford hasn't built the app in that way.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think the capability exists within the Apple watch to do things like this independently of the phone, but Ford hasn't built the app in that way.
Yes, the watch definitely has the capability. But I've never seen it exist with FordPass.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Yes, plenty of other apps work this way.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Really? If I put my phone in airplane mode, and try to issue a FordPass command from my watch, I just get an error saying “Something is not right”.
Incorrect, the phone needs to be within range for the FordPass watch app to work, it won't work if you have just cellular service on the watch.
Interesting, I could have sworn I’ve remote started my car when I was on a walk without my phone, but you are both correct. I just tried disabling all phone connections and the watch app won’t even display the buttons.

I wonder if that changed at some point, or if I was just imagining it. Either way, post edited.
Sponsored