DavesMach

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
So I want to use my cellular enabled Apple Watch Ultra and take phone calls on my watch then run it to bluetooth on Mach-e. Has anyone been able to bluetooth pair their Apple Watch to the Mach-E???
Sponsored

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
There is a FP app for the Apple Watch, but all it does is allow you to start/stop and lock/unlock the doors. And to be clear, by start/stop, I mean like you would on the FP screen on your phone, not start and drive away like you would with Paak.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Apple Watch pairing to Mach-e incoming-A95690BE-8540-4F5F-8D22-206F6524F168.PNG

AFAIK, that's it for FP Apple Watch integration...

OP
OP

DavesMach

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
There is a FP app for the Apple Watch, but all it does is allow you to start/stop and lock/unlock the doors. And to be clear, by start/stop, I mean like you would on the FP screen on your phone, not start and drive away like you would with Paak.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Apple Watch pairing to Mach-e incoming-A95690BE-8540-4F5F-8D22-206F6524F168.PNG

So unfortunately the FP app doesn’t work y less

So I’m speaking on taking phone calls off Apple Watch to Mach-E

Unfortunately the FP watch app doesn’t work unless you have your iPhone with you.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
So I’m speaking on taking phone calls off Apple Watch to Mach-E

Unfortunately the FP watch app doesn’t work unless you have your iPhone with you.
Oops, sorry I misread your post. I don't know that it's possible to do that... I also recently discovered that if you're on your Watch's cellular for a phone call, you can't even pass it to your iPhone if you come into range of it. (Or at least that's what happened when I tried it.) So I kinda doubt that the Watch would be able to pass to the car. I suppose you could try to pair the Watch to the car as headphones...?

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
In theory, the Mach E should look like a bluetooth headset to the watch when in pairing mode. No different than a pair of wireless earbuds. It should only take a minute to find out what happens when trying to pair.

OP
OP

DavesMach

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
In theory, the Mach E should look like a bluetooth headset to the watch when in pairing mode. No different than a pair of wireless earbuds. It should only take a minute to find out what happens when trying to pair.
Yes in theory. It doesn’t though. Was asking if anyone else was able to get it to pair.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The Apple Watch can't pair with a car head unit on most newer cars. You can search "Apple Watch pair to car bluetooth" and it's been answered a lot. The Mach-e won't be any different. It's a limitation on the watch side. I found it out months ago when I forgot my phone and tried to pair my watch to my F-150 bluetooth to play Apple Music.

It isn't exactly clear why, because it seems the Watch can connect sometimes to older vehicles, like 2018 or older. It may have something to do with the bluetooth profiles the watch supports compared to what most vehicles require these days, like secure pairing (PIN) or the actual audio profile.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253452107

Sounds like some were able to get it to work by buying a bluetooth adapter that plugs into USB and connecting to that adapter. Which makes me think it's down to the profiles that vehicles support and Apple not supporting them on the watch.

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
The Apple Watch can't pair with a car head unit on most newer cars. You can search "Apple Watch pair to car bluetooth" and it's been answered a lot. The Mach-e won't be any different. It's a limitation on the watch side ....
This is the correct answer, unfortunately. I suspect this limitation is in place for the same reason the Watch has any limitations in place: Battery life. Obviously with an Ultra you have a bit more wiggle room but I'd suspect not as much as you think. (As an aside, I also have the Ultra and wow is the battery life fantastic for what it was designed to do. Color outside those lines, however, and who knows.)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The issue was actually answered a while back in another context (I think the Apple Support Forums). Pairing Apple Watch as a “phone” to car systems is not permitted because of the battery drain on the watch. The cellular feature of Apple Watch is envisioned to be used for relatively short, fairly infrequent calls, unlike iPhone, which is actually meant to be used like, well, a phone. This is also why Apple is a bit touchy about apps that have continuous or high-rate data connections to Apple Watch (no native browser, no streaming video apps, etc.)
Sponsored