First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Anyone had this happen?
Whenever I slow to a crawl or put it in reverse I get the message on the instrument cluster saying something like front sensor blocked/error please refer to manual and the main display brings up image of car with orange exclamation point at the front to the left side, sometimes it shows two.

Thing is the manual just says take it to get serviced.
Knowing this forum generally knows more than dealers, is there anyway to avoid this trip? I haven't installed the 21B36 update but this error seems unrelated.

Also, if the manual just says take it to get serviced, what was the point in sending me to the manual?? haha.
Sponsored

miata

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
miata, towncar, highlander
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Anyone had this happen?
Whenever I slow to a crawl or put it in reverse I get the message on the instrument cluster saying something like front sensor blocked/error please refer to manual and the main display brings up image of car with orange exclamation point at the front to the left side, sometimes it shows two.

Thing is the manual just says take it to get serviced.
Knowing this forum generally knows more than dealers, is there anyway to avoid this trip? I haven't installed the 21B36 update but this error seems unrelated.

Also, if the manual just says take it to get serviced, what was the point in sending me to the manual?? haha.
Let's give this thread a bit of a bump...

Did you get on top of this (or make any resolution progress) since August?

Since this is a Premium, it has the front sonar (Active Park Assist) and the fact it's complaining about the left, it's just that sonar transmitter/sensor that is giving the computers fits. It's only at crawling speeds because these in-bumper sonars are for parking only so are ignored at speeds over (typically) 5mph. You could try actually parking next to a car on the left and intentionally pull within a foot of their body panel and I suspect you'll get the same warning again...worse than that, you probably won't get any other alarms that you're getting close so make sure you can see what you're doing. (It's usually a slight beeping when you come within 12" of hitting something and a high-excitement sound at <6")

OP
OP

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Let's give this thread a bit of a bump...

Did you get on top of this (or make any resolution progress) since August?

Since this is a Premium, it has the front sonar (Active Park Assist) and the fact it's complaining about the left, it's just that sonar transmitter/sensor that is giving the computers fits. It's only at crawling speeds because these in-bumper sonars are for parking only so are ignored at speeds over (typically) 5mph. You could try actually parking next to a car on the left and intentionally pull within a foot of their body panel and I suspect you'll get the same warning again...worse than that, you probably won't get any other alarms that you're getting close so make sure you can see what you're doing. (It's usually a slight beeping when you come within 12" of hitting something and a high-excitement sound at <6")
Appreciate the effort but can probably be deleted. I took it to get serviced and they replaced the front sensor. The positive? It’s fixed. The negative? Oh yeah you knew to ask ?
1) they replaced a black sensor with a white one
2) they scratched the driver side gloss black pillar where the keypad is. I can just imagine a kid holding a bunch of keys in his hand as he goes to paw at the release button
3) they scratched the gear shift knob (see #2)
4) I can’t prove they are responsible for 2 or 3 so I’m SOL

kjgent

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Bump an old thread now that I'm having this issue.

Had the same "sensor blocked" error. States that "Front Park Aid Not Available, Sensor Blocked, See Manual"

Took it to the dealer and after having it all day because "it didn't throw any codes", they finally determined the sensor needed replaced. They ordered the sensor and state that they will have to remove the front bumper to replace it.

Has anybody that had this sensor replaced know if the whole bumper needs removed? I'm not keen on tearing off the body work and bumper if it's not needed. Seems like there is too much of a chance that things won't fit up right after it's re-installed.

Could this be done from above / or below by removing the frunk cover or lower cover? Can it be accessed from a wheel well?

Thanks in advance! The search function wasn't helping narrow down the issue.

cgorske

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD Standard Range
Country flag
Bump an old thread now that I'm having this issue.

Had the same "sensor blocked" error. States that "Front Park Aid Not Available, Sensor Blocked, See Manual"

Took it to the dealer and after having it all day because "it didn't throw any codes", they finally determined the sensor needed replaced. They ordered the sensor and state that they will have to remove the front bumper to replace it.

Has anybody that had this sensor replaced know if the whole bumper needs removed? I'm not keen on tearing off the body work and bumper if it's not needed. Seems like there is too much of a chance that things won't fit up right after it's re-installed.

Could this be done from above / or below by removing the frunk cover or lower cover? Can it be accessed from a wheel well?

Thanks in advance! The search function wasn't helping narrow down the issue.
I have the same error message on my '23 Premium, and I'm taking it to the dealer on Monday. I was wondering if you had a resolution on this. Did they have to take the front bumper off to replace the sensor? Thanks in advance. I was just wondering what I have in store on Monday when I bring it in.

kjgent

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I have the same error message on my '23 Premium, and I'm taking it to the dealer on Monday. I was wondering if you had a resolution on this. Did they have to take the front bumper off to replace the sensor? Thanks in advance. I was just wondering what I have in store on Monday when I bring it in.

The sensor did have to be replaced to resolve the issue. We have not had any additional issues since the sensor was replaced.

The dealer did say that the bumper had to be removed for the replacement. Luckily, there is no evidence that the bumper was removed. They either kept it in place or put it back exactly as it was.

The repair did take all day since they had to paint the new sensor to match the Rapid Red color.

Good luck with your repair!

cgorske

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD Standard Range
Country flag
The sensor did have to be replaced to resolve the issue. We have not had any additional issues since the sensor was replaced.

The dealer did say that the bumper had to be removed for the replacement. Luckily, there is no evidence that the bumper was removed. They either kept it in place or put it back exactly as it was.

The repair did take all day since they had to paint the new sensor to match the Rapid Red color.

Good luck with your repair!
That's good to hear. Thanks for the quick reply!
Sponsored