First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi folks,

I'm planning to get a pedestal to hold the Ford Mobile Charger outside because it's not parked next to the house. The wiring is already done, the electrician just needs to install the NEMA 14-50R outlet (because I assume you can't hardwire the mobile charger).

Has anyone done a mount like this with their Ford Mobile Charger? I've been having a hard time figuring out how to tell if a pedestal is compatible or not.

I found this one: JuiceStand Residential, but it's clearly for the JuiceBox, and I'm not sure if the electrician can install the NEMA outlet on it.

Any pedestal recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Sponsored

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
Where is it going to be placed? It is going to be on the ground / pave / concrete? I've seen people mount outlets / chargers on 4x4 posts that they just dig in to the ground.

This is made specifically for the Juice Box Charger that apparently is about 18" high, I can't recall how long the Ford Charger that comes with the car is but you typically want the outlet on top vs down below so the charging cord will hang down. I also mounted mine horizontally when I had to L1 Charge at my house while waiting for my L2 to be installed.

So until you mount the outlet at the top of this post and place the charger below it, you would still want to secure the mounting cradle and not let the weight of the unit on the cord as it will eventually come loose.

This is how you want to mount it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Pedestal for Ford Mobile Charger IMG_1447.JPEG

Last edited:
OP
OP
ramen

ramen

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
That's really good advice about mounting the power above the charger.

We're planning on attaching the pedestal to concrete. The electrician has done it for one unit in our complex already, and they have a Tesla. They drill holes in the concrete and put screws in. Here's the Tesla mount the other unit uses: Tesla Mount Instructions.

So maybe the best way to go for me would be to get one of these 4x4 posts: 4x4 Wood Post Base, and then have the electrician run the wiring up the back and put the 240v box at the top, and mount the Ford Mobile Charger below it.

I think they're pushing for using a metal post cause it'll look nicer, and they might be able to hide the 240v wiring inside the post. I wanna do due diligence on finding one that would work, but it seems Ford doesn't have a blessed one as far as I can tell.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The stations are very attractive ... and also very expensive:

https://www.chasestation.com/shop/

If you're going to do 4x4 post, then I'd consider a composite material so you don't have to worry about rot (typically will start to happen about 6" above & below grade where it tends to remain wet the longest). I am planning to replace a cedar fence in a few years and the most difficult part of the job is pulling out the old posts and footings and putting in new posts/footings. So I wanted to find a composite 4x4 post instead of natural wood. After MUCH searching, I finally found this:

http://www.lumberock.com/4x4_board
Sponsored