protatoblt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Hey guys, I just placed an order for my Mach E GT Performance and the dealer wouldn't budge on their $600 documentary/dealer fee. Did you guys need to pay this for your purchases?

20210521_220150.jpg
Sponsored

kmurraydesigns

First Name
Kaylin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I did not have this on my invoice

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This varies by state and dealer. (Some states set a maximum like $0 or $75 or whatever.) In my area $400 seems to be the minimum that dealers charge.

If you're able to find a dealer willing to accept X-plan, and you qualify for it, this would cap the non-tangible dealer fees to $100.

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
In NC and VA, it can vary from 299 - 899 or even more. Luckily, I was X plan so the dealer didn’t charge me for a fee at all because they had a “non-negotiable” protection package for $495…slime.

MaineSailor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 SAAB 9-5, 2021 Mach E SR Premium
Occupation
Marine Engineer
Country flag
Hey guys, I just placed an order for my Mach E GT Performance and the dealer wouldn't budge on their $600 documentary/dealer fee. Did you guys need to pay this for your purchases?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Placed an order ($600 doc fee?) 20210521_220150
Yeah, our dealer charges $600 what was called a "doc" fee. Our salesman was honest enough to say, "Yeah that's not a reasonable fee for paperwork - we do it so the dealership can make a profit and keep the doors open". Apparently Ford doesn't cut them enough profit in the base price of the car? It sucks, but I appreciate his honesty. We're in Maine - and we're still buying the car!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Using X-Plan is good advice. Ask this dealer if they accept X-Plan. If they don't, look around for a dealer that does. The special pricing and $500 in savings on the doc fee will make it well worth it.

OP
OP

protatoblt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Using X-Plan is good advice. Ask this dealer if they accept X-Plan. If they don't, look around for a dealer that does. The special pricing and $500 in savings on the doc fee will make it well worth it.
They do accept X-plan, with that being said, whats the exact savings I'd get with the X plan? Can I just purchase the plan a week or so prior to my car arriving?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They do accept X-plan, with that being said, whats the exact savings I'd get with the X plan? Can I just purchase the plan a week or so prior to my car arriving?
The easiest way to qualify for X-Plan pricing is to join the Mustang Club of America, which costs $35. You have to be a member for 90 days, so I'd suggest joining now to make sure you meet that requirement.

If I remember correctly, X-Plan will give you 2% off MSRP and then add $275 for processing. Then subtract $499 from the doc fee and add the $35 you spent on MCA and you've got a total savings of $1596. There's really no down side.

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E4X, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2008 Corvette
Country flag
In addition to the Mustang Club of America, check with your employer. I qualify for X Plan through a partnership agreement mine has with Ford.

OP
OP

protatoblt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
The easiest way to qualify for X-Plan pricing is to join the Mustang Club of America, which costs $35. You have to be a member for 90 days, so I'd suggest joining now to make sure you meet that requirement.

If I remember correctly, X-Plan will give you 2% off MSRP and then add $275 for processing. Then subtract $499 from the doc fee and add the $35 you spent on MCA and you've got a total savings of $1596. There's really no down side.
Do you know which plan I need to sign up for?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Placed an order ($600 doc fee?) Screenshot_20210522-170730_Samsung Internet

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
$599 fee here too. It is what it is, I've yet to meet a dealer who budges on the 100% pure profit.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
If they accept X-Plan they’ll budge. They don’t have a choice.
Yeah, the rule below is pretty definitive. When I used X-Plan a few years ago, the doc fee saved me $399 ($499 regular), and I still got all the available rebates, with no add-ons and no haggling, on a special order.

If your dealer does not do X-Plan, find one that does. I've got 4 within 20 miles, and they all honor it.

Document Fees

• Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
  • Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $100 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.
Sponsored