Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Should’ve done Dunkin I guess. But seriously, I hate that we feel we have to bribe service techs to do their job or spend the time required fixing issues.
I agree, the donuts are the problem. You keep bringing them, they'll keep you coming back!

Find the wiring connection furthest away and least obviously connected to the headlight. That's the one that'll be loose. Remember, the problem is always in the last place you look!
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I have never bribed a tech in my life.
I’ve seen people do this a few times on here. Like, I know the job can be a PITA sometimes, we all just want what we paid for.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My dealership's techs don't come out and talk to people, so you wouldn't know who worked on your car to begin with.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Hello. Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this headlight concern
Should’ve done Dunkin I guess. But seriously, I hate that we feel we have to bribe service techs to do their job or spend the time required fixing issues.
Honestly, it wasn’t a bribe. Tech came in on his day off to inspect my car on a Saturday so I could purchase that day. It was thank you doughnuts. Whole dealership, not just service.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I knew you'd say that! When you were in line at the bank, do you recall hearing any clicks or other noises from the car when (or right before) it happened?
I waited 6 months for this car, no way I am giving it up over a headlight. You will have to pry my pony from my cold dead hands.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I waited 6 months for this car, no way I am giving it up over a headlight. You will have to pry my pony from my cold dead hands.
I have absolutely no doubt of that! I remember just how excited you were to get your car!

As for donuts and dealerships, I think gestures such as that are wonderful and worthwhile. People like to be treated with respect and kindness, and a small thing like that engenders good will and makes them feel valued. Kudos to you. My servicing dealership is awesome and I've been trying to think of a nice thank you gift - donuts coming up! Thank you for the idea. :D

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I agree, the donuts are the problem. You keep bringing them, they'll keep you coming back!
<SNIP>
I have been known on occasion to bribe @DevSecOps and @scoopman with doughnuts, but not those chain store ones. Not sure I could bribe them with kibble. 🤪🐩

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
To follow up, new headlamp was ordered today. I can’t drive at night but that’s ok. I hope the dealership gets it quickly.
Sponsored