Possible to start a DCFC when the battery SOC is over 80%?

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Not any more.
It does drop again at 90% but I went from like 24%- 98% in under 2 hours. The charging speed drops as your get closer but still was put in more power into my battery than my 40 amp charge does at home.
Same for me. I have a 2022 standard range and in May I DCFC at EVGO and charged to 97% SOC and it took it 55 mins. It’s been repeatedly shown that with the new charging curve the going to 100% in ideal conditions is approximately 1 hour 35 mins give or take a few minutes.
Sponsored

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
And that it does, dropping precipitously after 93%-ish. It's about 40 then goes down gradually below 10kw at some point. I've got a video and all the data logged on this stuff.
Yep. I watched your video after I got my 2022 in March.

OP
OP

bhollimon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Recovering Engineer - IP Attorney
Country flag
Dealers lie and say any #$%# they can to get you to just go away and leave them alone.

Something is wrong with your car. Get an OBD reader to see what diagnostic codes your car has, or a forum member to see what updates your dealer didn't perform on your car.
my sense is that my dealer has good intentions, but simply does not have the expertise to deal with the new issues raised by the Mach E. At the present time, the Mach E is such a limited amount of their service work they simply have not had enough reps to quickly deal with these issues.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
my sense is that my dealer has good intentions, but simply does not have the expertise to deal with the new issues raised by the Mach E. At the present time, the Mach E is such a limited amount of their service work they simply have not had enough reps to quickly deal with these issues.
Who cares about their intentons? they're wrong and lying to you, and they don't know what they are doing with your car.

OP
OP

bhollimon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Recovering Engineer - IP Attorney
Country flag
Does anyone know if it is possible to start a DCFC when the battery SOC is over 80%?
Update on this thread. yes, you can start a DCFC at any state of charge - however, you can't start a DCFC if you have a problem with the charge port. Turns out that that the retainer pin that engages when a DCFC starts - wasn't engaging, and so the car refused to allow a DCFC. Dealer replaced the charge port (apparently quite a process - even had to remove the left front wheel for access) and now all is well.
Sponsored