movieman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Fusion, Mach-e (on order)
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think Ford's priorities for software need to focus on the OTA mechanism. It's insane that they do seem to be improving software and fixing bugs much more than a traditional OEM would definitely have done only 3 years ago.

However, most of the couple of hundred thousand Mach-E owners don't receive consistent and comprehensive updates of these modules OTA. It's really strange that they would invest in the software development, and have such troubled deployment for so long.

That's what I would fix first -- then you have easier potential to detect edge case bugs, gather feedback, and iterate.

I think some of our perspective as potentially non-typical cranky tech-saavy owners is colored by the updates that reach our cars, not necessarily where Ford is putting its internal resources. I wonder how many of the resources are supporting the fleet now, versus working on their future EV software platforms.
I am totally frustrated with Ford. My last update was in Jan - 4.1.1. After several trips to the dealer
they finally figured out that the APIM module was faulty. Here's the kicker: according to the service rep - THEY DON'T HAVE ONE IN STOCK - THEY ARE BACKORDERED - AND THERE IS NO ETA FOR DELIVERY!!!!
What pisses me even more is the last two visits they have not put in a service order (no paper work) which means if I wanted to file a lemon law claim I would have nothing to prove the number of times the dealer failed to fix the problem. I have written to Ford customer Service and have received no reply
Sponsored

bbachrac

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E Premium Nite Pony 2023
Occupation
NA
Country flag
Just got our 2021 California Rt1 1 updated. There had been no updates since December. The dealer had the car for a week to work through all the various issues the needed to be fixed. to get the latest update to install.
They also cleared a recall issue I didn't even know existed.

mhaber69

First Name
Matthias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT, Ford Mondeo 2.5T
Country flag
In Germany, we have Version 3.5.x ... hope, 4.x.x will come this year.

bbachrac

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E Premium Nite Pony 2023
Occupation
NA
Country flag
In Germany, we have Version 3.5.x ... hope, 4.x.x will come this year.
Ask the dealer to check the hardware and software under the warranty if your car is not updating.
There could be problems with both.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Ask the dealer to check the hardware and software under the warranty if your car is not updating.
There could be problems with both.
He / she is in Germany, where they still haven't released 4.x (!) over 6+ months since they did so in the US.

Granted, I bet the vast majority of the Mach-Es in service are in the United States .... but someone is probably more interested in coding card games than figuring out how to localise the newer UX for EU.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
They’ve gotten better at breaking less. ;)

A neighbor with a model s tells me he grimaces every time Tesla pushes an update. His comment is always, “What did they break this time?”

My list above was a non comprehensive list of issues that were in existence on Day of Job 1 cars and have yet to be addressed. As of today, they still haven’t been addressed.

I turned auto-update off months ago to avoid surprises.... but I think they are still pushing *some* pieces thru as I have noticed some changes...

I really don't see how anyone can track what version they are at since individual modules might be updated independently, and there is no real index of builds corresponding.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
just got 4.2.4 today but like 4.2.3, the release notes say this is just “minor updates”. strange. 23 gtpe.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
just got 4.2.4 today but like 4.2.3, the release notes say this is just “minor updates”. strange. 23 gtpe.
My '23 GT PE just got it today ... but I feel like this is a re-issue. I thought the car was already at 4.2.6.

My '21 First Edition is in Early Access and I am sure it is at 4.2.6 with an additional CSP update that addressed PaaK connectivity.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
'23s are a little behind the '21/'22s OTA-wise.

And not all numbered PowerUps will apply to all model years.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I just got this little goodie.

Because, why not have 0.0.1 better? Seems to have a "record feedback and send to Ford" feature. Think of this as a more direct way to vent while waiting for your tow truck, or while pulling your latest Service Vehicle Soon codes from your OBD-II reader. (kidding / not kidding)

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG_3720.JPG

IMG_3721.JPG

this looks actually useful, or at least has the potential to be useful.... I might have to allow an update.

The version of PowerUp my MME is at does not display a version number, so I have no idea really what version is running. Geee, wouldn't it be nice if we could log into the Ford website somewhere and see the version history of PowerUp, Sync, and FordPass updates and what was in them?

... I just hit the 'update now' button, andgot the response that no updates requiring power-down are pending so it did not 'update now'. I am hoping it will pick the next 'auto-update' timeslot since I slid the auto-update toggle back on