Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
The update schedule only applies to updates that are inhibit updates — those that will prevent the car from being used. All other updates will install pretty much whenever.

If you haven’t done so already, take the car to a reputable dealer with your laundry list of complaints. There may be out of date modules or even some corruption causing some of your problems. Others might be hardware related (such as a synch screen complaint). If you’ve already done that and aren’t willing to give things another try, seriously consider moving on. Life is too short to be that annoyed by a car.
I have an appointment later this month to get my 2nd key fob. I'll have them check for updates then.
Sponsored

HarrisonFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Mach-e Select SR RWD
Country flag
Received 4.2.4 on 4/4.

June 2021 Job 1
Non EA
RWD SR Select

The updates have been coming in like clockwork since January or so.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Got this yesterday. Not the most exciting update. But then everything is going to pale by comparison to getting BC 1.2.

Can I connect a keyboard to my car? I've got lots of, ahem, "feedback" for Bill, Jim and their make stuff up peeps. Tapping an on screen keyboard at a weird angle ain't gonna cut it.
Feedback is via audio recording. No keyboard required (or possible).

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I have an appointment later this month to get my 2nd key fob. I'll have them check for updates then.
Hopefully, they can help. I'd give them your entire laundry list of things that are not quite right. Good luck.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
CarPlay has worked much better for me once the car got past the 3.6.x series of updates. Those were absolute disasters for CarPlay in my car. Since the 4.2.4 update, it’s been perfect. And I just jinxed myself. ;)
Ok that is it going out to start it and stop it 10 times in the ice storm right now ;)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I received 4.2.4 OTA the evening of 4/4/23. 😊🐩

Build week 10/4/21 (delayed twice). 😱🐩

I received 4.2.2 on 3/6/23. 4.1.2 was received a month earlier, with 4.1.3a couple of days later (but not installed until after the pending updates icon went away with the 4.2.2 install). 🤔🐩

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
FordPass started showing the 4.2.4 info for me yesterday (I got it on Tuesday)

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Installed!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 4.2.4 software version released IMG_4569

Pibe38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Received 4.2.4 today after receiving 4.2.3 two days ago.

I’d been on 4.2.2 since March 22.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Received 4.2.4 yesterday (was away for 2 weeks)

got in the car today and noticed a weird sound as I was accelerating.

finally figured it out, the sound propulsion somehow turned it self on.

turned off and car was back to normal. Of course ai dint know what else might have changed

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just got this little goodie.

Because, why not have 0.0.1 better? Seems to have a "record feedback and send to Ford" feature. Think of this as a more direct way to vent while waiting for your tow truck, or while pulling your latest Service Vehicle Soon codes from your OBD-II reader. (kidding / not kidding)

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Very strange. I swear I got both 4.2.3 and 4.2.4 about 3 weeks ago, or so. And this week I got them again.

I had the car in for her 20K just last week and they updated the BCM (intermittent wipers stopped working when my windshied was replaced) but I think that's all they updated. Would it have reset something that would require or prompt the car to ask to download those updates again????

OSR Garage

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium ER
Occupation
YouTube, Manufacturing
Country flag
Ford has yet to fix a single day 1 bug or issue. Not 1. And let’s not even bring up the lack of delivery on promised improvements or features.

The motion sensor does not stay off when selected to off at car shutdown. This has been true since the first car was delivered. Wonder why there hasn’t been a pet mode delivered to the car yet?

The radio/Xm presets can wipe themselves when the profiles don’t properly load. Again a day 1 issue. It’s why every station on all 3 preset bars are on Hawaii Public Radio 1 in my car. Every station. Good thing that’s what I listen to in the afternoons.. ;)

Profiles haven’t worked properly since day 1. It’s affected everyone at one time or another. This is nothing new as well.

There are more but the reality is Ford has yet to fix a day 1 bug. It’s been two years. The cars continue to diverge from a common platform, not converging. There are probably well beyond 5,000 different software loads on the MMEs from the first job 1 to the latest rolled out of the plant today. That’s asking for trouble.

My MME is in advanced analytics and no one can figure out some of the bizzare things it does. And frankly, my car works pretty darn well. We haven’t even mentioned the torturous relationship between sync 4a, the car’s OS and Apple’s CarPlay.
Seriously, you have nothing to complain about. I just came from a 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 in which over 1 yr. we never received ANY updates. Updates that were told we would recieve every 12 weeks.
We dealt with glitches, bugs, and multiple other issues. BUT, we loved the car so we did what we needed to, reset whatever, and go about our day.
I have recieved 4 updates since owning the Mach-E Performance for about 5 weeks. The only issue we have is with synching our phones and Android Auto wireless connection, NOT a big issue.
If you want to feel good about your car, got rent a 2021 VW ID.4 for a month and experience poor, glitchy, software.
Sponsored