Power Up Update wears 12v battery down message?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
After updated to 6.3.0 in the garage, I got a 12v battery too low, plu car in message. Is that normal? I've never seen one after an update before. I wish the 12v could take needed power from the car's EV batteries as needed.
Sponsored

hepidy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
After updated to 6.3.0 in the garage, I got a 12v battery too low, plu car in message. Is that normal? I've never seen one after an update before. I wish the 12v could take needed power from the car's EV batteries as needed.
I had same, thought it was my dash cam on surveillance wearing battery down. I also updated same night. My car even tried to blame it on a third party accessory in the message lol.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
maybe I need to stop checking for updates, that never come, every few minutes.. ;)

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes that’s normal. The 12V battery is drained while updates are installed. So just drive the car for a while afterwards.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Why there is no LVB state of charge gauge on the dashboard? I think modern cars desperately need it there to allow the driver monitor the battery charging/discharging dynamics

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Yes that’s normal. The 12V battery is drained while updates are installed. So just drive the car for a while afterwards.
I believe plugging it in also helps to charge LVB

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I got the warning messages several times after 6.1.0 update. These happened in the morning or during daytime after some hours. The car had to be at the dealership anyway so I mentioned it to the service advisor. The 12V battery failed the charging test, so it was swamped out. It is interesting to see a 12V battery failed within a year. It is hot here so I would blame the 110+F summer heat.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Only if it's charging. 12V will not be charged once car has finished charging.
Which I never understood why. We have a huge power resource under our car and the technology to use it to keep a lowly 12v battery charged up isn't there yet? Maybe they're afraid it will catch fire or something.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Which I never understood why. We have a huge power resource under our car and the technology to use it to keep a lowly 12v battery charged up isn't there yet? Maybe they're afraid it will catch fire or something.
My guess, and that’s all it is, is that the current system is a holdover from ICE engineered vehicles. Ford and its engineers hadn’t made the full shift to BEV think when the car was originally engineered. FWIW, I’ve heard through the grapevine that some 12v battery management changes may be coming in the future. We shall see.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This is one of those why haven't they fixed it yet things. Let me write the logic:

- Do update
- If 12v battery is low, and HVB is 50% or higher, charge 12v battery

The end.

I will accept royalty payments via PayPal, or Zelle.

hepidy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
maybe I need to stop checking for updates, that never come, every few minutes.. ;)
hehe I bashed the side with 200 miles on it and just got it back from the shop, so I think it’s making up for lost time
Sponsored