Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Planning Associate
Country flag
I got a Powertrain Malfunction/ reduced power alert on dash and Fordpass App on 8/16/23. The alert cleared after charging at home and was going to let it go until I got an email The next day from Ford stating my Mach E needs service. Took it in to the dealer on 8/21/23. They were able to look up the the error messages through Fordpass. They still got it as of 8/29/23. Got an update today. Still hasn't been diagnosed, 5-6 Mach Es in front of mine. Could take up to 2-3 weeks. I have a loaner from Enterprise(Ford Fusion)that they are paying for but this is ridiculous. Purchased on 7/6/23. It's a 2023 Premium RWD ER. I only put 1466 miles on it. The car was drivable. The power didn't seem to be reduced but with all the alerts and email I got, I took it in to be on the safe side. Has anybody else had to deal with long wait time to get your Mach E looked at/Serviced? You think it would stupid to ask for it back and I'll turn it in when the tech is available to look at it? Or Just let the process play out?

IMG_4222.jpg
Sponsored

lwatkin9

First Name
Lanier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
University Administrator/Professor
Country flag
I got a Powertrain Malfunction/ reduced power alert on dash and Fordpass App on 8/16/23. The alert cleared after charging at home and was going to let it go until I got an email The next day from Ford stating my Mach E needs service. Took it in to the dealer on 8/21/23. They were able to look up the the error messages through Fordpass. They still got it as of 8/29/23. Got an update today. Still hasn't been diagnosed, 5-6 Mach Es in front of mine. Could take up to 2-3 weeks. I have a loaner from Enterprise(Ford Fusion)that they are paying for but this is ridiculous. Purchased on 7/6/23. It's a 2023 Premium RWD ER. I only put 1466 miles on it. The car was drivable. The power didn't seem to be reduced but with all the alerts and email I got, I took it in to be on the safe side. Has anybody else had to deal with long wait time to get your Mach E looked at/Serviced? You think it would stupid to ask for it back and I'll turn it in when the tech is available to look at it? Or Just let the process play out?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power IMG_4222
Hi, I had this issue and I also experienced about a week delay in getting my car looked at, so I kept it. I dropped it off while I was outnof town for 2 weeks and it took all of that time to diagnose, get part in, and fix. There is a thread with more detail around this issues and the dangers in continuing to use your vehicle. Had I seen that post, I would not have continued to drive my car. Long story short, you could damage the motor by doing so. Hope this helps. I think since there have been at least 5 such reported cases of this issue on this forum, this has to be a systemic issue with this model and Ford should look further into this.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power IMG_4222
Hi there, Michael. This powertrain fault concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.