Jddaigneault

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Has anyone successfully gotten interest rate protection on a 2022 to 2023 conversion? I’m being told they will protect the price, but not the interest rate. Some people at Ford say it should be interest rate, but no one will take a firm stance.
Sponsored

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Has anyone successfully gotten interest rate protection on a 2022 to 2023 conversion? I’m being told they will protect the price, but not the interest rate. Some people at Ford say it should be interest rate, but no one will take a firm stance.
yes just tell the sales people to check smart vincent. interest rate is 4.49 taken at rollover date.

Jddaigneault

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
My rollover date shows August 29th at 4.99. My initial order was in February at 2.49. My understanding is I would get the initial order rate whenever my purchase happens.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
My rollover date shows August 29th at 4.99. My initial order was in February at 2.49. My understanding is I would get the initial order rate whenever my purchase happens.
most people are not getting 2.5 unfortunately

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
The tax rebate will not follow the car as I understand it. It has to be sold to the person named on the order.
That is incorrect. The federal tax credit applies to whoever is the first registered owner of the car, regardless of who ordered it. To get price protection, yes, the car needs to go to the person who ordered the car.

jr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Yes. Ford marketing told me I qualified when I solicited them for help. But, the person on the phone also gave me the spiel about how the dealerships are franchises and can go rogue (paraphrased) when they want to.

I don't know if the dealer just gave it to me after things weren't going well. I think they told me I qualified before things got pretty sour.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Yes. Ford marketing told me I qualified when I solicited them for help. But, the person on the phone also gave me the spiel about how the dealerships are franchises and can go rogue (paraphrased) when they want to.

I don't know if the dealer just gave it to me after things weren't going well. I think they told me I qualified before things got pretty sour.
What rate did you get then?

jr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
What rate did you get then?

And they used it against me as I pushed for the up front price protection.

Sorry, this was a 2021 to 2022 deal, and I only got back one of the two price increases. They had great difficulty looking up my original order (some say it's possibly legit, most say no), so I lost $500 on the first price increase.

Brew

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco, Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I ran into the same problem. I went in last Sunday to pick up my Mach E and the interest rate increased from 2.49% to 4.99% and I also lost the $2000 regional discount. I waited until Monday to talk to Ford Marketing and they said it was a Ford Corporate problem. No email or phone number to get in touch with them, only an address to Ford Customer Relations. I didn't want to lose the car so I made the deal but over the life of the loan, it's an additional $6k in cash. I wrote a letter to them.

While sitting in the dealership I started talking to another customer that had the exact same problem. Ford needs to get their act together. If they changed their policy on price protection at least communicate it to the customer.

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
I'm wondering this too! I'm having terrible issues with my dealership and I'm supposed to be picking up my car soon.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Oh no.

I don't want to get stuck with no incentives using Ford Options after being pushed from '22 into a '23.

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
Any updates? I’m picking up my car this week and the sales associate assured me that I’d be able to get the interest rate locked in when I purchased the car.

I’m very concerned that they may try to cheat me and pretend they never said it.

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Oh no.

I don't want to get stuck with no incentives using Ford Options after being pushed from '22 into a '23.
Options incentive was still available at time of rollovers (8/30) and therefore should be protected, assuming you're in an eligible zip code.
Sponsored