Roger tobin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD Extended Battery
Country flag
Any Oregon buyers want to share their experience here? It has been a Looooong time since I've bought a car, and I'm wondering about the experience now for getting a new EV on the road with plates, etc.

Thanks,
Roger
Sponsored

SONEWBE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any Oregon buyers want to share their experience here? It has been a Looooong time since I've bought a car, and I'm wondering about the experience now for getting a new EV on the road with plates, etc.

Thanks,
Roger
The process hasn't really changed. The fees and taxes (Oregon now has taxes on vehicles) have changed. Expect a long wait for plates. Oregon's DMW website says the wait can be up to 17 weeks!! I've been waiting for 5 weeks for my plates. The fees and taxes are described on the DMV website.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks to our wonderful leader we have to pay an EV tax when we license our cars so title will cost more than a gas car by a small amount. My license was $197. For a gas car it would be $80.

Other than this change the process is the same as buying any other car.

Make sure you ask your dealer for the Oregon Charge Ahead Rebate. It is a one time rebate for EV buyers in Oregon if you purchase a qualified vehicle. The rebate is $2500 to $5000 depending on your income and if the EV is your only vehicle. Not sure when it ends but it is worth asking about.
Sponsored