Prompt Volume?

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
This isn't a Waze thing; I use Google Maps exclusively. I can't believe no one else has had this issue; I've had several phone brands connected, and this behaviour persists across all of them.
Sponsored

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
When you hear the prompt sound, you have to quickly adjust the volume. It's tricky but as others have mentioned early in this thread, that is the way. It worked for me.

Don't know if a reboot of the screen would also solve this issue (hold vol down and right button on steering wheel at same time) but that could be another solution.
I do this ALL THE TIME when I have passengers in the car and want to have a conversation with them. I think I'm wearing out the volume down switch on the steering wheel!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Okay...well, i love Waze, but may dump it based on this issue.

If I do, need a new solution.

Does the built in navigation in the MME have real time traffic, re-routing, etc? Would be easiest to just use what comes in the car, but want to make sure it's great. I always joke that if Waze tells me to turn behind a dumpster I'll do it because it has saved me so many times.
Yep, has all that, it works pretty well. The last mile routing could use some work, that's about it. If you've got an iPhone, Apple Maps is good to use on CarPlay.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This isn't a Waze thing; I use Google Maps exclusively. I can't believe no one else has had this issue; I've had several phone brands connected, and this behaviour persists across all of them.
The Waze prompt volume is a Waze thing, you can adjust the volume in the app. But no the prompt volume control is not a Waze thing. These are two separate issues that were brought up in this thread.

PootiesTang

First Name
MyFirstName
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
This just happened to me yesterday and it has nothing to do with Waze. I too use google maps exclusively. It was really annoying and persisted until I restart the car. I’ll try the suggestions here. One person on an FB group suggested it was an Apple issue. However when it happened, we had switched from my phone to my sons phone. That’s when it started. Then back to my phone and the issue continued.
Sponsored