Prompt Volume and Voice Control issue

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium AWD ER; '21 Mini SE (EV)
Country flag
I've had my MME for about 5 weeks now and this has happened a couple of times. The volume control will ONLY change the prompt volume even if no prompt is occurring. Only way to get out of this state seems to be to stop the car, turn it off, open a door (to get the display to shut down), then start over. Not cool when I notice this happening on the freeway.

Most recent time this happened, the voice control completely stopped working, too. Pushed button on steering wheel ... nothing.

Somewhere (that I cannot find right now) I saw that some others had similar behavior. Thoughts? Any chance Ford has this on a bug list for a (hopefully soon) OTA update?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've observed this a few times, too.

I was able to fix the volume control while I was driving, but I can't specifically remember what I did. A couple of ideas come to mind:

Turn the radio off and on by tapping the glass inside of the volume ring, wait a few seconds, then tap it again.

Or, restart sync by holding the steering wheel buttons for volume down and next track for 3+ seconds.

kpellet

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have had this happen you can reboot the infotainment center while driving.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have this happen too. Either wait and restart your music or do the volume down skip track button reset thing

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I've had my MME for about 5 weeks now and this has happened a couple of times. The volume control will ONLY change the prompt volume even if no prompt is occurring. Only way to get out of this state seems to be to stop the car, turn it off, open a door (to get the display to shut down), then start over. Not cool when I notice this happening on the freeway.

Most recent time this happened, the voice control completely stopped working, too. Pushed button on steering wheel ... nothing.

Somewhere (that I cannot find right now) I saw that some others had similar behavior. Thoughts? Any chance Ford has this on a bug list for a (hopefully soon) OTA update?
Hello! Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thank you!

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Hello! Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thank you!
Today volume doesn't change. Was this related to the latest OTA update? Sound if music is same level despite turning volume knob or steering wheel levers.

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
I've started to have this problem as well. While driving the radio volume will turn down to 5 on it's own. When I attempt to turn it back up the volume controls will only attempt to change the prompt volume. No way to change the radio volume. This happens without the navigation being used. The only way I have found to correct this is a Sync reboot, which is annoying. Any better fixes? I have a 2021 GT with OTA 6.7. This started after 6.6.

1CalifCowboy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Calif route 1
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
SAME problems Have no Ford assist or voice nav instructions I keep hollering
"HELLO FORD" and when I am at a stop light the cars around are starting to respond
Sponsored