Purchasing/Installing modules

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
Hello all. Have yet to receive my Mach E - this is my first post (YAY) and I'm wondering if anyone can provide insight into my question. The delivery for my car is currently between Aug. 2 and Aug. 8. I've ordered the Premium trim level, however I was discounted $350 (CAD) from the sale price as the Park Assist module is unavailable, with no current ETA (due to ongoing chip shortages, I'm told). I'm wondering if these sort of items are purchasable on their own, and installable after the fact? Obviously not a show-stopper for me, but I'd be interested in knowing if these can simply be installed after the car's been delivered.

Thank you in advance,
Sponsored

MrFlood

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ford has indicated the park assist module will be available at a later date for installation. However, timing, pricing, or process is all TBD.

I'm not sure if it will be a "plug and play" option, as they apparently install a "Prep kit", or something more labour intensive.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
Yes, that's why you have "prep-kit" now. Once it's available you can order and have dealer install it. Not sure whether you can DIY.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
DIY is relative. If you have a good knowledge of electronics and mechanics, have ForScan and FDRS (and the associated hardware to support reprogramming the car), you can likely DIY the module. That said, even though I doubt that I would botch it I would rather a dealer mess it up than me. 🤪🐩

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Some of us would be happy to take the $325 credit and not have park assist. The 2 latches in the rear trunk though that's missing, and the kick lift gate (I should have the module, but turned off currently), I would've liked those.

Maybe 2023s will finally fix the missing latches at least.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
Some of us would be happy to take the $325 credit and not have park assist. The 2 latches in the rear trunk though that's missing, and the kick lift gate (I should have the module, but turned off currently), I would've liked those.

sorry which latches are you referring to?

OP
OP
Mauser

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag

I don't see anywhere on my build about the kick lift-gate. Do you which module that is? Is there somewhere that lists the module and it's use/purpose?

I've accessed the list of modules for my VIN on motorcraftservices.com - but no description. :/

Last edited:

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
sorry which latches are you referring to?
I think he means the two forward cargo rings That the EU and CN market cars get that us ugly North Americans don’t. 😱🐩

Anyone in Europe who can get that part number, we’d be much obliged. 😊🐩
Sponsored