Question about unlocking the lift gate...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It's true that they all unlock when you walk up to the car and press the button to open one of the 4 doors. But if you press the button to open the liftgate, the doors don't unlock.
That's only true if you set it to unlock all 4.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yeah, this may be another one for the dummy category, but I have a CA Rt1 so no power lift gate (thankfully in my opinion). When I unlock the lift gate using the fob and open it, it unlocks just fine, the lights flash accordingly, and the mirrors unfold. However, when I close it, the car seemingly locks again. The lights flash and the mirrors fold back in. Is there a way to make it so when the lift gate is unlocked the doors unlock? I have it sent to unlock all doors at the same time via the settings. I am concerned about the mirror folding motor getting over used and breaking (right around mile 36,001 or whenever the warranty ends). Thanks.
My First Edition does the same.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It's true that they all unlock when you walk up to the car and press the button to open one of the 4 doors. But if you press the button to open the liftgate, the doors don't unlock.
I’m pretty sure mine do - I can hear the door locks click and the mirrors unfold. Then, when I close the liftgate, everything locks back up, and the mirrors fold back in. I’ll check it more closely next time to verify. The General is usually spot-on, so I’m probably wrong!

The great thing about software is that otherwise identical cars may behave differently depending on updates.

OP
OP
SnatrapS99

SnatrapS99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1 RWD DMG named "Tango"
Occupation
I work for SpongeBob.
Country flag
I’m pretty sure mine do - I can hear the door locks click and the mirrors unfold. Then, when I close the liftgate, everything locks back up, and the mirrors fold back in. I’ll check it more closely next time to verify. The General is usually spot-on, so I’m probably wrong!

The great thing about software is that otherwise identical cars may behave differently depending on updates.
YES! THIS! I believe they unlock but then lock again when the lift gate closes. I believe this is the case. I can test this by leaving the key fob on the ground as another has suggested.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’m pretty sure mine do - I can hear the door locks click and the mirrors unfold. Then, when I close the liftgate, everything locks back up, and the mirrors fold back in.
YES! THIS! I believe they unlock but then lock again when the lift gate closes. I believe this is the case. I can test this by leaving the key fob on the ground as another has suggested.
It would be logical to think that based on the mirrors unfolding when you open the liftgate. But I tested it myself, and the doors stay locked.

OP
OP
SnatrapS99

SnatrapS99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1 RWD DMG named "Tango"
Occupation
I work for SpongeBob.
Country flag
It would be logical to think that based on the mirrors unfolding when you open the liftgate. But I tested it myself, and the doors stay locked.
Ugh... I guess the fix is to just unlock with the fob.
Sponsored