Country flag
Tesla fanboys are indoctrinated in with the following false assumptions:

Tesla’s:

• Vertical integration gives them a competitive advantage
  • Makes its own batteries
  • Co-located battery factory gives them a cost advantage
  • Autonomous driving technology is in a league of its own
  • Success is due to its leading technology
  • Manufacturing quality issues are nothing more than an indicator of its rapid pace of innovation.
  • Is so far ahead that it will take years for any other company to catch up to where Tesla is now and by that point Tesla will have innovated far into the future.
Traditional ice vehicle manufactures are:

• Incapable of building EVs.
  • Not able to innovate
  • Cannot function in a modern economy because of their antiquated dealer network
None of which are true and are why Tesla will find itself struggling within five years.
Sponsored

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
A couple things I’ve learned in my 44 years on this planet:

- Business school rules tend to hold up. Among those are “If something isn’t a core competency for your company, then outsource it”. From where I sit, Tesla is a company that doesn’t know what it wants to be when it grows up. Vertical integration can end up being a weight around a company’s neck, preventing it from being able to pivot when the market demands it eventually or technology goes in a completely different direction.

- Tesla proved fun, sexy EV’s could be done. Governments are now starting to demand standards that only EV’s can meet. The legacy automakers know-how to manufacture quality in scale. Once the legacies fully buy into EV (non-hybrid) cars and properly invest, Tesla won’t be able to keep up. The MME is obviously Ford’s shot across the bow of Tesla. Even if the MME fails, it won’t be the last.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Tesla fanboys are indoctrinated in with the following false assumptions:

Tesla’s:

• Vertical integration gives them a competitive advantage
  • Makes its own batteries
  • Co-located battery factory gives them a cost advantage
  • Autonomous driving technology is in a league of its own
  • Success is due to its leading technology
  • Manufacturing quality issues are nothing more than an indicator of its rapid pace of innovation.
  • Is so far ahead that it will take years for any other company to catch up to where Tesla is now and by that point Tesla will have innovated far into the future.
Traditional ice vehicle manufactures are:

• Incapable of building EVs.
  • Not able to innovate
  • Cannot function in a modern economy because of their antiquated dealer network
None of which are true and are why Tesla will find itself struggling within five years.
I wouldn’t say that most of those are false assumptions, I think the only ones that I would agree or false assumptions are the making it sound batteries, which is changing, that it’s leading technology is fading but still is very good, and the years it will take to catch up.

Most of the rest of them have some truth to them, I would say a major false assumption is that teslas build quality is going to improve rapidly. It takes 30-100 years for a car company to get good at manufacturing. That being said they’re buying all the expertise, and automating everything, which is less about the cost and more about the reliability. I would surmise that they are so focused on autonomous manufacturing so that they can eliminate having to learn about how to do it properly.

we have to make sure to give credit where credit is due, but at the end of the day once the technology gets close, people start prioritizing other buying preferences, like is happening right now with our mustang. Technology is close enough and people are more willing to pay for spirit, technology, style, reliability, or familiarity. Tesla will start losing before they’re ever officially out of first place as other people become close enough for people to choose them for other reasons that they will be superior in.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Is this a "General Mach-E topic?" Not sure why it's here since nothing seems Mach-E related.

Nobody's perfect, far from it.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
It is silting in and will be a non-issue within three years.
Sponsored