OP

Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Rumson, NJ; Marco Island, FL; Amelia Island, FL
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
@PNWEV thats some savings. I drove 3 miles each way in a 2500 Ram power wagon—12 mpg.

not new to electric that’s why I love it. Have a Taycan (wife) and a model Y perf. Rather than get another I thought the Mustang fits the same bill as the MY.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I drive an enormous Ram 2500 Power Wagon and it's getting to be a bit much moving around my smallish beach town. I mostly park it 3 miles away at the a ferry and commute to NY, take it to MetLife to tailgate and recently did a 4k road trip to my place in FL and back. The trip really exposed the the truck is rough to drive on long highway runs. It has a giant Hemi and 4.10 gears so 85 MPH is 2500 RPMs which is significant and it cost me about a grand in gas. I enjoy it but when my kids come to visit it's a bit much for them to get around in.

I really like electric vehicles, it's odd, they're so much more enjoyable. I have. Porsche Taycan 4s (wife's car) and bought my son a Tesla Model Y PUP. I'd get one myself but they're tough to get and I've been drawn to the Mach-E for some reason. And, nostalgically, my first new car after graduating college was an 88 Mustang GT in deep regatta blue metallic. Not quite grabber blue but not far off either.

Thanks for bearing with the background if you've made it this far. I have an opportunity to get a grabber blue GTPE with co pilot for MSRP but have to pay them to PPF and ceramic coat it, which I'd have done anyway so not a big deal. The trade value on my PU is ridiculous so that's not an issue.

My question is can this be a practical everyday driver? I'd also love to do some electric road trip in it given the CUV style I can pack some travel gear in it. How are you owners enjoying this? In other words I got one shot to get this right or my wife may become a bit annoyed. The other vehicle I am looking at is a Bronco, but I'm drawn to the electric world.

Thanks in advance for any insights, advice, jeers, cheers or whatever.

TL;DR Should I buy a GTPE or not?

thanks all,
Rob
It’s probably easier to say what it isn’t good at (shorter list).

I wouldn’t use it off-road or for towing.
No 3rd row and storage in the rear is ok, but not huge.

And I personally wouldn’t road trip in it. The list of cars that will get you somewhere on a road trip faster is pretty much…… anything else.

Outside of those things, it’s a great and fun daily driver. My wife loves driving it as well.