Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Voids the factory warranty? 😂

Come on man…… no need to make stuff up.

We all know this was done on an abandoned road in Mexico of course.
Of course it was! 😂😂😂
Sponsored

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
I have one... I can speak to how fast it is. But as others have also said it depends on the wheels and also the mode the truck is in. If you are just randomly picking someone to race at a light then they are probably in "All Purpose" mode which is approximately 200hp less than sport mode. If you're basing this off of perception from riding in your brothers truck remember that a vehicle that's higher off the ground feels slower. Your field of vision is shaped like a cone, which gets wider the farther away something is. The higher you are, the bigger the area of 'ground ' you see is, so the farther it has to move to be noticeable. Close to the ground, the movement is much more dramatic, so your brain interprets it as a higher speed (think airplanes).

There's been many recorded 0-60s in the Rivian and you can still get 3.5 even with the knobby 20" tires if you are in sport mode. In "All Purpose" that same truck gets to 60 in about 4 seconds. Also, it depends if the driver used launch mode. If they didn't launch the truck then it will be even slower yet.

So, if you want to compare a MME GTPE (the sportiest version) to a Rivian you should be doing so with their sportiest version, a R1T Quad with 22's in sport mode. That truck will smoke the MME all day long. Also, there's tons of videos on YT with the R1T smoking M3Ps.

Not sure why you directed this to me since I said the rivian is faster then the mache all day everyday.
As to the model 3p , I can source 100 videos showing the opposite. C&d official testing shows the m3p ever so slightly quicker 0-60 and quicker 1/4 mile.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Sorry he didn't back down...we were both full on and over 80mph
If it was a quad motor he backed off. My quad motor Rivian absolutely destroys my Mach e gt performance, even in normal mode. All the way to 110mph the top speed of the Rivian. The 80-110mph is sooooooo much faster than the mache it’s not even funny.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If it was a quad motor he backed off. My quad motor Rivian absolutely destroys my Mach e gt performance, even in normal mode. All the way to 110mph the top speed of the Rivian. The 80-110mph is sooooooo much faster than the mache it’s not even funny.
Still not understanding the theory that someone racing backed off at 40 mph but still was side by side at 80 mph.

Yes, the Rivian is faster.

But I would sooner believe it was low state of charge than that he met some weirdo who would floor it then go 80% throttle to let someone else win for no reason.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Still not understanding the theory that someone racing backed off at 40 mph but still was side by side at 80 mph.

Yes, the Rivian is faster.

But I would sooner believe it was low state of charge than that he met some weirdo who would floor it then go 80% throttle to let someone else win for no reason.
I mean he could have also just not floored the Rivian. You'd be amazed lol. Some people just don't like to race or are scared of flooring a vehicle. I mean maybe if he was at a super low state of charge and the mach e was at a very high state of charge but even then. If it was a quad motor I find this hard to believe at all.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I mean he could have also just not floored the Rivian. You'd be amazed lol. Some people just don't like to race or are scared of flooring a vehicle. I mean maybe if he was at a super low state of charge and the mach e was at a very high state of charge but even then. If it was a quad motor I find this hard to believe at all.
Maybe? But I just don’t think it’s the “he didn’t floor it” theory

If you floor the Mach E GT, no one is gonna take 100 feet for us to catch up if they aren’t floored too.

None of us were there except the OP. Only time I’ve had a “I should have beaten that guy“ moment at a stop light it’s either been 1. I spun the tires or 2. I didn’t realize they were racing and I tried to play catch up but it was too late.

Never had a “I’m floored and winning to 40 mph, but I’ll go 80% throttle to 80+ mph” situation. Just seems too odd.

Slow mode for the Rivian or low battery seems more probable.

But too many here seem to be in the “the OP is lying or the Rivian wasn’t trying” camp.

But none of us were there and even the OP is guessing why he won.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I guess without video proof you all wont believe it, but my wife was with me and is my witness.
Did she have her eyes open, mine wouldn’t !!

I am just shocked you didn’t blow your HVBJB. If you didn’t , I think you were the one holding back.

Last edited:

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Go to 9:00 mark, Rivian eats the Mach E for breakfast! 😂 😂 😂

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Go to 9:00 mark, Rivian eats the Mach E for breakfast! 😂 😂 😂

Actually at 10:15 the race went almost how the OP described it. 😂

Zero people are claiming the Mach E is faster. Not sure why everyone is ignoring that.

And that video is just another example of how much our power gets limited in unideal situations (like the cold). Warm with full charge they would be much closer to 80 or so (then we would get crushed).

But once again, we have no clue what state of charge the Rivian was in. I also seriously doubt the guy in the Rivian power braked at the stoplight to launch.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually at 10:15 the race went almost how the OP described it. 😂
The race was not at 10:15, that was an aborted attempt and a reset.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Zero people are claiming the Mach E is faster. Not sure why everyone is ignoring that.
I'm sure the OP will appreciate you calling him a Zero! 😂 😂

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The race was not at 10:15, that was an aborted attempt and a reset.
🤦‍♂️

I figured the laughing face would made it clear it was a joke.

I'm sure the OP will appreciate you calling him a Zero! 😂 😂
Even he never claimed that. Just that he beat one at a random stoplight.

Slower cars win races all the time. I’ve seen a stock civic beat a dodge viper at a stoplight. Reaction time, low traction, driver error…… lots of things happen on the street.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
But is it faster than an Accord 2.0? That's the real question.

mach-d

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CR1
Country flag
Rivian is faster on paper, but in everyday driving it only feels faster in sport mode, while mach-e feel much more responsive even in engaged mode. I drive a quad r1s and CR1 on a daily basis.

Where Rivian shines is actually its range. I get 30-40 more miles over CR1 on a full charge.