Range increased each month over the spring and summer, but now back to last winters level?

Piper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Bought a used 2021 Mach E4 last Feb with 39k. Range at each weekly home recharge to 100% was always 410kms + /- about 2kms.

As spring and summer approached here in south/east Ontario, the range gradually increased 10-20 kms after each recharge to 100% ....ie 420, 430. 440, 450, etc. By late August each recharge showed between 480 and 493kms!!!! These readings lasted till about mid sept.......now each recharge to 100% only gives me 410 to 415kms. I thought FORD was just updating my range remotely.....now I'm worried!!!!

Questions:
Is this normal????
Are others experiencing something similar?
Is there a problem with my batteries?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There’s nothing wrong. EVs get less range when the temperature goes down. It will get much worse when you have to use the heat on a regular basis.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Although I have only had mine for 1 month now while I was waiting for my order I learned a lot on this forum. I swear the loss of range in the cold weather seems to have been the number 1 subject. Everybody says it is normal to lose range in cold weather so I am prepared for it.

slimothyjames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
It's already been hitting about 1°C (about 34°F) overnight here in the GTA, so of course your range is going to reflect it. Just wait until you see your range once it is hitting -30°C in the winter 🤪

Also I see you're new to the board - from your post, not sure if you're charging to 100% everytime? You should reduce it to at least 90% for daily use. Save 100% for days you plan on driving long distances.

Deleted member 14759

Hi all, I have most likely the same spec'd '21 MME as Piper, but I bought mine brand new, and have had it about 1.5 yrs now, (only 13,500k on it). At the get go, new, it would not charge pass the same 410k @ 100%, but after this pass yr, it started getting to highest 459k...? Yes, I charge it to 80, 90 and 95%, just so the battery doesn't take a beating, and also reset my driving data, so computer gets a fresh estimate for my range.
So, I think just a little while back, Darrin Palmer, the Ford MME+EV VP announced that he was going to push out an update to our MMEs for a slightly better range, by letting us use a slight bit more of the usable part of the battery, if I'm not mistaken...? Would this possibly had happened in an update, that we may not be aware about?? What are your thoughts on this one, or if Mr. Palmer is suppose to be monitoring some of our discussions, would possibly comment on that? It would be great of Ford, to inform us these changes in more of a broad scale, (as good for them for promo?) Thanks

Khalil

First Name
Khalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
I do have a question… im expecting a 2023 select ( means without a heated seats)… on a 100 miles road trip what should be the energy consumption during winter ? 5 miles ? 10 miles ? 30 miles? I just want to make sure that even with 220 miles of charge in winter, im still good

Deleted member 14759

Hi K, (sorry for the late post, but have been having some BC issues to clear up on my MME)

Your expected miles for a 220 mile range MME during winter is, dependant on temperature, road and wind conditions... As, the colder it is, the less the computer will calculate out, as well as the more slippery the road, the more juice it will take to turn your tires to get traction and if there is more wind against you during heavier winter winds+friction, than of course more energy usage, (which you probably already know...). So, can't really put an exact # on miles, but expect a 20-30% reduction, I would imagine, (since I am using my own #s, and I am in Canada with a longer winter.)
Sponsored