Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard with technology
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Hello mach-e owners,

I bought standard trim(RWD) last month which suppose to come around 370kms(230 miles) on 100% charge but i am getting only 227kms (141 miles). is this common for the vancouver climate or is it happening only to my car?

I just drove for 5kms and range suppose to drop by 5kms but it dropped 10kms.

Thanks
Mahesh Reddy.

99%.jpeg

100%.jpeg

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Dozens of posts on this. Cold weather. Software update to come.

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
Do you know when we should anticipate this software update? I just took mine for software update on Thursday due to my key fob wasn’t in sync with drive side door. My first time with an issue. Ford told me to take it in for service manually. Took me weeks to get in for an appointment due to technicians/Covid issues. I have an excellent dealership also. I too have drop in significant miles due to cold. I was unaware that I had many codes of updates needed. So I’m just curious if it’s already available and I may of had the battery issue update?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Do you know when we should anticipate this software update? I just took mine for software update on Thursday due to my key fob wasn’t in sync with drive side door. My first time with an issue. Ford told me to take it in for service manually. Took me weeks to get in for an appointment due to technicians/Covid issues. I have an excellent dealership also. I too have drop in significant miles due to cold. I was unaware that I had many codes of updates needed. So I’m just curious if it’s already available and I may of had the battery issue update?
If your car was built before June, you likely got the update when it was at the dealer last week. But don’t get your hopes up because I didn’t notice any difference in the estimated range after the update.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
So. Many. Posts.

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
If your car was built before June, you likely got the update when it was at the dealer last week. But don’t get your hopes up because I didn’t notice any difference in the estimated range after the update.
Yes, before June. And bummer! I believe I noticed something, but I’ll pay more attention now. But I still love the car regardless. I have a positive approach toward EV’s. In time it’ll all get better….

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Just dropping kids of at school. Best car ever for it

20211217_084941.jpg

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Software updates will not change anything related to battery chemistry characteristics in the cold. Current battery chemistries will have less energy density capacity when cold. This is not broken, and does not require a "fix", this is just a normal and expected characteristic.

Also anyone suggesting that a battery update to display a higher "range" on the dash, is basically hoping for a placebo. If you want to see a bigger number on screen, get a sticky note and write whatever number you want on there and cover the displayed range with that if that makes you feel good. Doing so either via Software or hand writing does ZERO for real world range. The fact of the matter is that Ford is very realistic about what can be achieved in the cold given reduced energy density of battery chemistry in the cold, and the expectation that users do not want to freeze, and expect you will heat the cabin which uses a tremendous amount of energy. Ford range estimates is very real world, and leans towards being overly pessimistic. While other brands like Tesla simply display the EPA rated range no matter what the conditions are, and most Tesla users simply change display to percentage knowing that this range displayed is meaningless.

What's the difference? Tesla drivers know that this number is meaningless, and know that it CANNOT EVER be achieved when cold in the real world. While Ford EV drivers who are likely predominantly new EV drivers are given a realistic expectation of what can be achieved in cold weather driving. Chances are though you can likely go a bit further, but best to be realistic and not expect to do so.

The best possible outcome from a Software update is the ability to precondition battery on demand (plugged in or not) so that a user can preheat the battery prior to arrival at a charge and not have to deal with "cold gating" which means charging slowly until the battery can be warmed up to prevent damage to the battery.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Also anyone suggesting that a battery update to display a higher "range" on the dash, is basically hoping for a placebo.
21P22:

"This will include updates for... improved range in cold weather... display range accuracy".

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Hello mach-e owners,

I bought standard trim(RWD) last month which suppose to come around 370kms(230 miles) on 100% charge but i am getting only 227kms (141 miles). is this common for the vancouver climate or is it happening only to my car?

I just drove for 5kms and range suppose to drop by 5kms but it dropped 10kms.

Thanks
Mahesh Reddy.

99%.jpeg

100%.jpeg
Fellow lower mainlander here, with a standard range Mach-E. I have AWD but also get similar range drops on my model during this winter and usually see around 215-235km range at 100%. As the temperature has been warming up, I have seen the range increase. I have also noticed that pre-conditioning the car while it's plugged in before my departure has also helped increase efficiency during my drive as it heats the battery up.