TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not voodoo magic. In the right conditions driving 95 to 100km per hour on rural roads and a mix of some high speed highways, no AC or heat on I can easily get 500km range.
And as usual, people should differentiate between actual range (how far you were really able to drive) from the loose estimate on the dash (the Guess-O-Meter "range"), which is often quite different than actual.
Sponsored

Tamantha

First Name
Tamantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD extended battery
Country flag
I live in Canada and we have a First Edition MME. AWD extended battery. Coldest winter day last year we still had 290 to 320km range. Precondition in the morning while plugged in before you leave gives more range and is nice to start in a warm car.
You should not need to charge at work.

Tamantha

First Name
Tamantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello,
May I ask how cold that day was? I have a 2022 Premium AWD extended range battery (91kw) and at -30 I am not getting even 200km (I live in Alberta)
I am Pre conditioning in the am while it is plugged in
Thank you for your time

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH E, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
Hello,
May I ask how cold that day was? I have a 2022 Premium AWD extended range battery (91kw) and at -30 I am not getting even 200km (I live in Alberta)
Thank you for your time
The Guess-o-meter is pretty inaccurate in my experience (super conservative, which isn't a bad idea), but at this point I've never had it show less than 238km at 90% charge. My car does get parked in a garage, though - does yours get left outside overnight?

Tamantha

First Name
Tamantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No
I’m a driver instructor so I do the speed limit

TTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium E4x
Country flag
"Not voodoo magic. In the right conditions driving 95 to 100km per hour on rural roads and a mix of some high speed highways, no AC or heat on I can easily get 500km range. "

Me too easily in summer, Today, at -8C, the 80% charge showed 339 km of range when I left the house, and 327 km at work, 24km away. My drive is 4 km of city streets and 20 km of 80 km/h roads.

I accelerate slowly and coast to stops, the seat heat and steering wheel heat were both on and I used the defrost setting on the HVAC for about 4 or 5 minutes approx.

The gentle driving really makes the difference.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"Not voodoo magic. In the right conditions driving 95 to 100km per hour on rural roads and a mix of some high speed highways, no AC or heat on I can easily get 500km range. "

Me too easily in summer, Today, at -8C, the 80% charge showed 339 km of range when I left the house, and 327 km at work, 24km away. My drive is 4 km of city streets and 20 km of 80 km/h roads.

I accelerate slowly and coast to stops, the seat heat and steering wheel heat were both on and I used the defrost setting on the HVAC for about 4 or 5 minutes approx.

The gentle driving really makes the difference.
We live in a small rural area of western Pa with speed limits 50 mph and under. We run 3.5 to 4.0kwh in summer and 2.5 to 3.0 winter. Our GTPE gets winter 220 miles vs summer avg 285.

Gumber

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Prem Ext Range AWD
Occupation
IT Management
Country flag
Hello,
Thank you for your time
this is interesting. I'm in AB as well with the same spec Mach as you. I too haven't been that low.

hmm. I remember during that cold snap I think I was around ~32KWh / 100. Now that it's warmer it's been much better... around 18-20KWh / 100

lincoln81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda civic, ford edge
Occupation
mechanic
Country flag
Hello,
Thank you for your time
wow I think this post just talked to me out of a MME, I have a 200km commute daily, and I know -30 doesnt happen that often in what I call sourthern ontario, but 200km range for winter is wild.
Sponsored