Really hate the dual phone update

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium (ER, RWD, Rapid Red)
Country flag
My wife and I both drive our Mach E various times throughout the day. We’ve both got our phones paired, and we both use wireless CarPlay. When I first got the car, I favorited my phone. It is actually my car, and my wife does not mind waiting for her phone to connect each time she gets in. My phone always connected right away, anytime I got in the car.

This new update is driving me crazy. The car always tries to connect to her phone first. I don’t see any option to set my phone as the preference. In practice this results in me starting the car, getting the car out of the driveway while the cameras are on (hoping it will eventually connect to my phone), then pulling over in the street to select my phone when it inevitably tells me it can’t find her phone. We went from having a frustrating experience 50% of the time, to 100% of the time.

Is there some setting I’m missing to turn this new feature off? We both use CarPlay, so we never want the dual phone feature. Even when we are both in the car, we only want one phone connected. Does anyone have a better solution for this?
Sponsored

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
I love the update because now it doesn't auto start Android Auto every time I get in the car. I was getting tired of having to remember to turn WiFi and Bluetooth off before turning on the car.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
My wife and I both drive our Mach E various times throughout the day. We’ve both got our phones paired, and we both use wireless CarPlay. When I first got the car, I favorited my phone. It is actually my car, and my wife does not mind waiting for her phone to connect each time she gets in. My phone always connected right away, anytime I got in the car.

This new update is driving me crazy. The car always tries to connect to her phone first. I don’t see any option to set my phone as the preference. In practice this results in me starting the car, getting the car out of the driveway while the cameras are on (hoping it will eventually connect to my phone), then pulling over in the street to select my phone when it inevitably tells me it can’t find her phone. We went from having a frustrating experience 50% of the time, to 100% of the time.

Is there some setting I’m missing to turn this new feature off? We both use CarPlay, so we never want the dual phone feature. Even when we are both in the car, we only want one phone connected. Does anyone have a better solution for this?
so, I too have had a few issues with the latest update. BUT, I think I might have figured it out, not saying this will work for you, but it resolved my issues of wireless carplay not connecting right away.

Delete phones, I had to reboot Sync via the steering wheel
on the iPhone goto Settings > General > About > Name And give it a new name.
add phone back in via Phone List, allow Wireless CarPlay when asked
Test to make sure it’s working
now add the second phone, making sure it has a new name as well.

give that a go, see how it works.
Sponsored