Ford surveying some customers regarding the phone as a key (PaaK) update experience

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I Just completed the survey and was going to add some comments at the end. Unfortunately, there was no option for comments at the end. If you have something to say, use one of the options to respond in a comment box early on.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It asked me why I responded with my specific answers, the last question.
It gave me that option earlier when I answered "other". If you answer that it is working well on the last question there is no option for comments.

The problem is my PaaK works quite well, my wife's is hit or miss. However, neither FP 3.28.0 or Power-up 1.16.0 changed these. Acting the same as before.

MichaelScott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I Just completed the survey and was going to add some comments at the end. Unfortunately, there was no option for comments at the end. If you have something to say, use one of the options to respond in a comment box early on.
This is so frustrating. Also, it asked after I got my PaaK bluetooth module update if it improved or worsened PaaK access, but it did not have an option to say "it didn't change."

@Ford Motor Company you guys have got to do a better job at letting us tell you what the problems are. We want to help because we want these things, albeit non-critical things, fixed ASAP. Most of us here absolutely love this car and want to see the minor things fixed. When you send out crappy surveys, you get crappy answers that don't help you and don't help us.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This is so frustrating. Also, it asked after I got my PaaK bluetooth module update if it improved or worsened PaaK access, but it did not have an option to say "it didn't change."

@Ford Motor Company you guys have got to do a better job at letting us tell you what the problems are. We want to help because we want these things, albeit non-critical things, fixed ASAP. Most of us here absolutely love this car and want to see the minor things fixed. When you send out crappy surveys, you get crappy answers that don't help you and don't help us.
Agreed. I was in the same boat -- didn't notice a change.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I checked "don't use paak", and that I would wait for the "powerup" update as I have a second fob, also my dealer wants me to drop the car off for the day, an hour round trip for 2 cars twice.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got the survey as well. I checked "don't use Paak I have a second FOB which I prefer. I will just wait for it to come via OTA.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I got the email. I’m disappointed that I couldn’t explain my response to the question as to whether the PaaK improved or degraded my experience. I selected all four answers, so I’m sure that’ll either confuse them or invalidate my survey. I wanted to say sometimes my experience was better and sometimes it was significantly worse, but there was no way to say that. ?
@Ford Motor Company you should have included a field to solicit comments so you don’t get ambiguous responses like mine without context.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It's great that they're doing this but I believe it's more of a hardware issue than a software issue. Bluetooth connectivity to a car, in general, is really poor.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I will be nice in wording, but convey how pissed off I am about the complete lack of it ever working.

Just ordered a new Samsung Flip 3... part of the reason is in the hopes PaaK works with it. My 20 Ultra 5G does not. My wife's iPhone doesnt work either, so I doubt it's my phone. Really just wanted a new phone, and this kinda helps to justify it in my mind haha. And I want less in my pockets... which is why I want rid of my car keys/fobs.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I think the oddest part of the survey was where is asked what method you used to receive the PAAK software update. They never pushed this OTA did they? Wasn’t the only way to get the update to go to a dealer?

The update has degraded my performance. First, it might be what caused my driver door to stop auto unlocking on approach. Second, I started betting more nuisance “no key detected” and “restart now or key is needed” messages. Usually those NKD messages pop up while I’m already driving.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if this FordPass notification is related:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford surveying some customers regarding the phone as a key (PaaK) update experience Screenshot_20210819-133046

Thought this was interesting, but not interesting enough to start the 147th new thread for PAAK.

EDIT: I guess thread 147 is up :)
Yes!!!! I won, I am the 147th person to create a thread on PaaK.

I thought this was warranted since it was an unprompted message from FordPass that even those that don't use PaaK will be getting