Recall

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Always a fun place to look although that particular recall doesn't show up yet so while waiting, check out a few other models/brands, it is fun!

I.Adams

First Name
Ingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.0l 145HP
Occupation
Managing Design Engineer & IWI
Country flag
Please keep in mind, that hundreds of petrol cars are burning each day in the while world and no one is afraid to buy one. These kind of news doesn't makes me nervous.

And - your are right - we are a community! Lets keep us in contact. The OEM isn't as quick as we can be!

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How long has Ford been making cars? Brake hoses, Really!

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
  • Banned
MEE will have recalls for sure. Soon enough this forum is full of people posting issues with their new vehicle, especially with the first production year. Just being realistic...
Exactly. I don't frequent this forum as much due to all the MME fanboys bashing all other EV's while praising a car that is not even out yet. The recent Telsa recall has a large thread here about how terrible it is, car is junk, company is junk, etc. Then a Ford recall for battery fires is met with "good news is...", "silver lining is...", "MME is totally different..."....LOL. This forum used to laugh at the other EV forum fanboys...now this one is just the same.

Once the MME is out, there will be lots of issues, "I thought it would...", "why does it...", etc. Glad at least some are realistic that the first model year will have issues. We all can hope they are software for OTA fixes versus hardware/batteries/inverters (polestar).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
MEE will have recalls for sure. Soon enough this forum is full of people posting issues with their new vehicle, especially with the first production year. Just being realistic...
yup. my wife keeps saying over and over "I can't believe you're buying a first year car."

I remind her that the coupon I am using to buy it adds up to 10x all the coupons and "deals" she has ever gotten in her life

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hopefully all of you in US will iron out all snags before we in UK get ours. Many thanks in anticipation

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The recent Telsa recall has a large thread here about how terrible it is, car is junk, company is junk, etc.
Maybe there's a reason why we keep talking about the massive, ongoing quality problems Tesla has. Maybe - just maybe - it's because they have massive, ongoing quality problems?

I mean, I know that's a crazy idea.

And yes, I am aware that somehow me pointing out cars having fan-created checklists of dozens of things to check before accepting delivery, or a roof flying off fresh from the pickup, or tailgates regularly failing to close, or back seats not being attached, or random big box store parts being used in construction, or seat belts not being attached, etc. etc. makes me anti-Tesla instead of pro-reality.

Or, maybe - just maybe - it's possible to recognize the good (changed perception of EVs, charging network, etc.) and the bad (unbelievably craptastic quality, clear gaming of range estimates, etc.) without actually being a fanboy.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
If it wasn’t for Tesla, all we would have is cars like Kandi. I was a day late with the Kandi jokes. Sorry

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Hopefully all of you in US will iron out all snags before we in UK get ours. Many thanks in anticipation
And if you UK folks can sort out a few more before my GT gets delivered, I would appreciate it

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
At this point and time. I dont mind getting delivery in March/April. Sorry for all of you dealing with this stuff. Just like all the Bronco BS to. At least mother Ford stays on top. But how about we stop building in MEXICO. Give Americans jobs.
Sponsored