Lamonte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select, AWD, Comfort/Tech, Star White
Occupation
Studying Environmental Chemistry
Country flag
I’ve had Buzz for almost a month now, and today it was finally warm enough for me to get out and give it its first hand-washing. I’ve only used touch free auto wash up to this point. I’m a bit concerned. I noticed a bunch of red specs all around it. I can feel them when I scratch over them with my finger nail, but they don’t budge. Calling the dealership tomorrow morning.
Anything anyone else has experienced? Kinda hard to see in the pics, but they are all over the place!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Red specs on my Star White paint? 194B76E5-FE5C-46D1-9EE4-FBD2828A124C
Ford Mustang Mach-E Red specs on my Star White paint? F7BBCB1B-EC21-4044-B8E9-062E76055EC9
Ford Mustang Mach-E Red specs on my Star White paint? 82B583F6-9EB0-4856-BBA9-96DEDA399AC3
Ford Mustang Mach-E Red specs on my Star White paint? 88ACD974-FBF2-41D9-BACC-EBCC696C24DA

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Iron fallout that embedded and oxidized. Claybar or iron-x decon will resolve it. Strongly recommend light polish after claybar if you go that route.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Might need a good iron-out detailing. If your car sat outside for any period of time, atmospheric contaminates may settle and start to oxidize on top of the paint. A good detailer will use an iron-out / iron-off solution to break these up before doing a clay bar treatment to remove the contaminates.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Just use this. I had the same thing on my star white on the doors. …….After this winter. Easy to remove and nice shine afterwards. Use a microfiber on and another off. It was a little rubbing but not too bad.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Red specs on my Star White paint? D58F1495-AAC3-4B89-A67E-B3D7C4F257D8

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

First Name
Lamonte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks!

I'm going to lean on the dealership on this. Doesn't feel like something I should have to take care of. Wish I would've noticed it sooner though!

Fingers crossed!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
As stated, get a bottle of fallout remover or Ironx or something similar. Wash the car as normal then use the IronX/Fallout Remover. Agitate briefly then let it sit for a couple of minutes and it should be gone. Or have the dealer do the same. That stuff will be gone after that treatment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

First Name
Lamonte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Good luck. I don't let the dealership wash my vehicles. I certainly wouldn't trust them to detail it.
I was thinking I paid $800 for paint coverage, might as well use it. But yeah, you're not wrong!

If it's as easy as wash ing the car, using the remover and giving it a polish, I'll just do it myself. My concern is that it felt like it was embedded. I'll check it out tomorrow during the day though.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I was thinking I paid $800 for paint coverage, might as well use it. But yeah, you're not wrong!

If it's as easy as wash ing the car, using the remover and giving it a polish, I'll just do it myself. My concern is that it felt like it was embedded. I'll check it out tomorrow during the day though.
The dealer probably sold you paint coverage ... with rail dust.

You really don't want the dealer to detail your car, they'll just add scratches with their dirty towels and water. You should just find a good detailer in your area to claybar and polish your car.

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Thanks!

I'm going to lean on the dealership on this. Doesn't feel like something I should have to take care of. Wish I would've noticed it sooner though!

Fingers crossed!
Atmospheric contaminant. It’s been occurring since cars have been painted. Feel lucky you don’t park downwind of a foundry (or maybe you do). Clean or have detailed as suggested. Dealer would probably refer you to a detailer or body shop. Dealer wouldn’t consider chips from road gravel as a manufacturing defect; this would not be as well.

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

First Name
Lamonte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Atmospheric contaminant. It’s been occurring since cars have been painted. Feel lucky you don’t park downwind of a foundry (or maybe you do). Clean or have detailed as suggested. Dealer would probably refer you to a detailer or body shop. Dealer wouldn’t consider chips from road gravel as a manufacturing defect; this would not be as well.
No foundries, machine shops or anything alike close by... Definitely came from the dealer like that. The additional paint coverage I bought actually does cover stone chips and such. But, after looking up the process to remove the rail dust, I'll just do it myself and give it a quick polish when I'm done. I thought it was embedded at first! I've never owned a white car, so I guess I've been blind to it this whole time. I must have just been knocking the stuff down when I clay bar my whole life without realizing it.

Thanks!

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
You can liberally spray on IronX / remover, let it dwell for 3-4 minutes and power-wash off, or even just microfiber off. It'll stink, means it's working.

After I'd wash, throw some more soap on, and clay during this. Then apply some protection, really anything TW Hybrid Solutions with ceramic has done amazing on Project Farm tests. I used to be pure Meguiars until I saw what that stuff stood up to.

I've washed vehicles that haven't been washed in years, and a claybar wouldn't really do much except get clogged. Some IronX for 5 minutes and a power-washer, and it was ready to clay.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
If you bought paint protection, use it, I guess.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
You can liberally spray on IronX / remover, let it dwell for 3-4 minutes and power-wash off, or even just microfiber off. It'll stink, means it's working.

After I'd wash, throw some more soap on, and clay during this. Then apply some protection, really anything TW Hybrid Solutions with ceramic has done amazing on Project Farm tests. I used to be pure Meguiars until I saw what that stuff stood up to.

I've washed vehicles that haven't been washed in years, and a claybar wouldn't really do much except get clogged. Some IronX for 5 minutes and a power-washer, and it was ready to clay.
I second The TW hybrid solutions. I put it on day 1. Great product.
Sponsored