Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The dealer washing my original shadow black premium was what taught me to detail. They put so many swirl marks and micro scratches that I had to fix it. So I learned to detail. And learned I actually enjoy the washing and polishing.
Sponsored

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
No foundries, machine shops or anything alike close by... Definitely came from the dealer like that. The additional paint coverage I bought actually does cover stone chips and such. But, after looking up the process to remove the rail dust, I'll just do it myself and give it a quick polish when I'm done. I thought it was embedded at first! I've never owned a white car, so I guess I've been blind to it this whole time. I must have just been knocking the stuff down when I clay bar my whole life without realizing it.

Thanks!
You can liberally spray on IronX / remover, let it dwell for 3-4 minutes and power-wash off, or even just microfiber off. It'll stink, means it's working.

After I'd wash, throw some more soap on, and clay during this. Then apply some protection, really anything TW Hybrid Solutions with ceramic has done amazing on Project Farm tests. I used to be pure Meguiars until I saw what that stuff stood up to.

I've washed vehicles that haven't been washed in years, and a claybar wouldn't really do much except get clogged. Some IronX for 5 minutes and a power-washer, and it was ready to clay.
[/
The dealer washing my original shadow black premium was what taught me to detail. They put so many swirl marks and micro scratches that I had to fix it. So I learned to detail. And learned I actually enjoy the washing and polishing.
Ford is supposed to wash the car in a solution to remove the diesel train ā€œfalloutā€ during the Pre Delivery Inspection wash. I would take it back to the dealer, and let their detailer make it right for you. Then you can tinker with all the new products out, to make it perfect.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford is supposed to wash the car in a solution to remove the diesel train ā€œfalloutā€ during the Pre Delivery Inspection wash. I would take it back to the dealer, and let their detailer make it right for you. Then you can tinker with all the new products out, to make it perfect.
I saw the ā€œdetailerā€ at my dealer when I picked up my car. It was two 17 year old boys using a bucket and a bristle brush to wash as many cars as they could. Probably not even bothering to change the water in the bucket very often. Best of luck.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Coming from a hobbyist detailer on weekends, etc. getting your car washed at the dealer is a bold move.

Some have a few kids with a bucket like @Murse-In-Airy mentioned, some just drive it to the nearest tunnel.

Ever wonder why some cars have wide large circular scratches? Car washes.

Unless it's completely touchless, or hand washed properly... you're getting scratches.

Think about the dirty pickup that goes in maybe 1-3 cars ahead of you. All the crap that was previously caked onto that car is now being spun onto your clearcoat.

I specifically request dealers do not wash my car and have a little hang sign from where I get some detailing supplies to avoid this.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Coming from a hobbyist detailer on weekends, etc. getting your car washed at the dealer is a bold move.

Some have a few kids with a bucket like @Murse-In-Airy mentioned, some just drive it to the nearest tunnel.

Ever wonder why some cars have wide large circular scratches? Car washes.

Unless it's completely touchless, or hand washed properly... you're getting scratches.

Think about the dirty pickup that goes in maybe 1-3 cars ahead of you. All the crap that was previously caked onto that car is now being spun onto your clearcoat.

I specifically request dealers do not wash my car and have a little hang sign from where I get some detailing supplies to avoid this.
I donā€™t think a dealer would be able to just tear off the white shipping plastic, and here you go! Now you guys have me thinking of poking around the dealership before my MME arrives! I wonder if the 17 year old might take extra care for $20 or some Fortnite V Bucks? Lol

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

First Name
Lamonte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select, AWD, Comfort/Tech, Star White
Occupation
Studying Environmental Chemistry
Country flag
Thanks for the input everyone! I appreciate you all helping me ID it and offering solutions and opinions!

My initial concern was that this was somehow in the clear coat. Thatā€™s how it looked. But, since itā€™s surface and just an easy extra step in the detailing process, Iā€™m just going to tackle it myself. Iā€™ve always enjoyed detailing my cars anyway so no biggie. I find it
decompressing, and gives me and the car some time to chat šŸ¤Ŗ

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Thanks for the input everyone! I appreciate you all helping me ID it and offering solutions and opinions!

My initial concern was that this was somehow in the clear coat. Thatā€™s how it looked. But, since itā€™s surface and just an easy extra step in the detailing process, Iā€™m just going to tackle it myself. Iā€™ve always enjoyed detailing my cars anyway so no biggie. I find it
decompressing, and gives me and the car some time to chat šŸ¤Ŗ
Same
Thing Iā€™ve found. My wife and kids leave me alone when I break out the buffer and the microfibers. šŸ˜

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

First Name
Lamonte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select, AWD, Comfort/Tech, Star White
Occupation
Studying Environmental Chemistry
Country flag
Quick question for you guys that have done the fallout wash before.

I have the textured trim along the wheel wells and bottom. Not the painted/gloss. Will the iron remover spray damage the textured plastics? Do I need to tape them?

Thanks!
Sponsored