Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
Hi all. Very sadly I had to reject delivery of my beautiful Rapid Red ER AWD Premium MME yesterday at our dealer - Ken Grody Ford, Orange County. I reserved around New Year's 2020 and converted to order in June 2020. My family was really, really excited to get her this week! We are completing a major rewiring of our house electrical panels to accommodate two new charging circuits!

Why did I reject delivery? Sadly, my Mach-E joined the club of poorly aligned/installed panoramic glass roofs. It was so lopsided and apparent from a distance. The leading edge of the panoramic roof was flush with windshield on driver's side and lifted up approx 3/8" -5/16" in the passenger side. There was no rubber seals/edging along the protruding pano roof leading edge frame.

I also noted that the driver's instrument screen buzzed loudly when parked and driving at city speeds. A liftgate gasket was damaged by tool marks. I also noticed the right-rear quarter panel was slightly misaligned next to talelight (minor).

The salesman acknowledged the pano roof issue and said maybe a glass shop could fix it but couldn't promise anything. He would sell the car 100% as-is by today. I am really sad to walk away from such an awesome EV in a beautiful color. My test drive was great! No rattles, squeaks, etc... just buzzing screen area which salesman said was normal.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rejected My Premium ER AWD - QA Issues 20210327_143735

What should I do? I really want my MME but want zero major quality issues -- at least ones that you can see and obviously Ford hasn't addressed just yet!?? Ugggggggg. What should I do? My entire family is totally disappointed and sad! Did Ford just ignore it? Ugggggg!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rejected My Premium ER AWD - QA Issues 20210327_144715

Last edited:

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
The buzzy screen is on all of them sadly. The people who say they can't hear it probably just aren't able to hear it. It's like that on mine as well but it's not that annoying thankfully.

OP
OP
RedStormREHS

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
Maybe I am being too picky, but for a car north of $50k, I expected far better build quality. I have only owned Toyotas and Mazdas in my life and while no car is perfect from the factory, serious quality gaffes are unacceptable. Uggggg. Is it too hard to have an even, forward roof line and quiet instrument cluster?

I've had plenty of issues in my Mazdas and Toyotas over the years... Both companies fully addressed all of them 100%. Some corrected out of factory warranty! I am brand new to the Ford brand and would've never ever stepped into a Ford dealership (or Website) had it not been for the MME!

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
The pano roof issue has been discussed a lot, and, in my opinion, is a major design flaw / fail. My build date is 4/18/2021 and while I want the car, I don't need it. It has so many things going for it, but I wish Ford would acknowledge the pano roof / wind noise / screen whine / PAAK issues and COMMUNICATE with (at least) current owners. I don't expect the first go round of a new vehicle to be perfect - and can accept that. But, in these days of social media and instant communication, Ford is falling woefully short.

Say something. I'm giving up on you...

Sad. While I am still looking forward to getting my Mach E, my enthusiasm is getting less and less every day...

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just a thought on the buzzy screen thing. I’ve heard some say that it is effected by the brightness of the screen. My wife and I prefer dark mode and don’t have any screen buzz on either of ours. I wonder if the buzzy people are in day mode with the brightness on high.

josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
I had the misaligned roof and screen buzz as well, but accepted my car on Friday anyway. I'm hoping these issues, or at least the screen buzz, can be fixed because otherwise this car is amazing. I don't regret accepting the car but I do need the screen to be fixed eventually. FWIW I haven't noticed any wind noise due to the tilted roof.

Reactions: ARK

josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
For me the buzz tone (not loudness) is affected by brightness, and the buzz is unaffected by light vs dark mode.

OP
OP
RedStormREHS

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
I would've *totally* accepted delivery 100% with the screen buzz (annoying though) and other minor goofs but not with a misaligned glass roof. It was fully flush with windshield on driver's side for about 18" then went up to about 3/8-5/16" toward passenger side. What is the spec on this part? To be flush or not? Uggggggg. Will chat with dealer's fleet mgr on Monday. I'm leaning deposit refund... then maybe reordering later... or CPO eTron for now... Uggggg.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ugghhh. Sad to see Ford put out a car like this. This is exactly why I walked away from the Tesla Y I ordered. I'm really sorry this happened but I would walk if Ford did not commit to fixing everything you listed.

jlamarca73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia
Occupation
Ct technologist
Country flag
I would've *totally* accepted delivery 100% with the screen buzz (annoying though) and other minor goofs but not with a misaligned glass roof. It was fully flush with windshield on driver's side for about 18" then went up to about 3/8-5/16" toward passenger side. What is the spec on this part? To be flush or not? Uggggggg. Will chat with dealer's fleet mgr on Monday. I'm leaning deposit refund... then maybe reordering later... or CPO eTron for now... Uggggg.
Audi South Coast is offering pretty good terms on leasing.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The pano roof issue has been discussed a lot, and, in my opinion, is a major design flaw / fail. My build date is 4/18/2021 and while I want the car, I don't need it. It has so many things going for it, but I wish Ford would acknowledge the pano roof / wind noise / screen whine / PAAK issues and COMMUNICATE with (at least) current owners. I don't expect the first go round of a new vehicle to be perfect - and can accept that. But, in these days of social media and instant communication, Ford is falling woefully short.

Say something. I'm giving up on you...

Sad. While I am still looking forward to getting my Mach E, my enthusiasm is getting less and less every day...
It's a shame that your enthusiasm is waning.

For me personally I can't wait to get in the car and drive every day, which is a feeling I've never really had about a previous vehicle. At this point I'm going to sail past my 48k miles in my 4 year Options plan and I need to reign it in a bit lol.

My Mach E has a smooth ride, quiet cabin at all speeds compared to my X1 and former Energi, all sorts of different combinations of drive mode options with 1PD that are fun to try out (currently on whisper with 1PD), Android Auto is awesome, great efficiency (3.7mpk over my first 1100 miles), comfortable seats...I feel badly for those experiencing the bouncy rides or loud screen whine, because my experience has been as good as I'd hoped it would be.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
The greatest mystery is why the issues (pano roof and buzzing) are not being caught by QA at the factory. Ford knows of this issue and you would think that they would be inspecting every single vehicle for these issues until problems ironed out. It would take maybe 2-3 minutes as the car rolls off the line. I worked for a while as a QA inspector when I first left the Navy for a company making aircraft parts. If a part was found to be out of tolerance from a CNC machine then every single part was inspected to ensure the issue was correct before going back to batch based QA inspections. This would not be a very expensive thing to do at the plant to ensure these issues were not reaching the customer.