horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I took delivery on my Mach Drop FE last week, but still have a PE AWD EBP in Infinite Blue on order being delivered next week. What are the prospects of me buying the PE and reselling it to make a few bucks (and getting the tax deduction)?
Sponsored

GatorCat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
Who would buy a used MME at roughly same price as new and not get the tax credit? As soon as you walk off that lot the car is worth $7500 less. Youā€™d have to find a sucker for that deal which isnā€™t really impossible. ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I believe you can't claim the tax deduction unless you have it for 3 months or more? Since the new buyer won't be eligible for it either, I very seriously doubt if you will get list for it.

Sounds like a really bad idea

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I took delivery on my Mach Drop FE last week, but still have a PE AWD EBP in Infinite Blue on order being delivered next week. What are the prospects of me buying the PE and reselling it to make a few bucks (and getting the tax deduction)?
You canā€™t take the tax credit if you purchase the car with the intent to resell it. And now that youā€˜ve documented your intent on the Internet, it would be hard to claim otherwise.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
How do you plead, horsiedad? ?

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Not sure about selling above where you bought it but could you sell it more 7,500 less? I would say probably.

i have not see anywhere you have to own it for 90 days to claim the credit. Where do you see that?

I am buying a premium (if it ever arrives) and will trade in for a GT taking the credit on both. Will it trade in less than the 7,500 from xplan? Time will tell. Depends on demand and how long the wait is for new orders this Fall.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
There are quite a few Grabber Blue FE that $10k ADM on them. So he may be able to sell it at MSRP.
Sponsored