Richmond, Virginia MME Dealer Service Experience?

Paddler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium w/Ext. Range Battery, RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m taking my MME in for its one year service and I hope to have the recalls for Panoramic Roof Glass Reseal (21S42) and Windshield Glass Reseal (21C22) done plus the Phone as a Key Software Update (21B36). I’d appreciate hearing any experiences with MME dealer service in the Richmond, Virginia area, especially if you’ve had this work performed. I purchased it from Richmond Ford and that was a good experience.
Sponsored

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hey @Paddler how did your service go? I haven't done mine yet, and usually go to Richmond Ford West out by Innsbrook, but apparently the body shop is at the main site, so I will be going there sometime soon.

I have been to Richmond Ford West a couple times for software updates and that has gone well, but I haven't done my one year or the windshield recalls yet.

OP
OP
Paddler

Paddler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey @Paddler how did your service go? I haven't done mine yet, and usually go to Richmond Ford West out by Innsbrook, but apparently the body shop is at the main site, so I will be going there sometime soon.

I have been to Richmond Ford West a couple times for software updates and that has gone well, but I haven't done my one year or the windshield recalls yet.
I called Richmond Ford to schedule the one year service - mainly for State Inspection - and the two recalls and software updates. Got a March service & inspection date but parts need ordering for the recalls and they may not make it until April and I need State Inspection in March. Did you do the 21B36 PAAK update at Rich Ford West, and if so, is all okay and how long did it take?

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I did 21B36 in the summer I think, and it did not take long. I waited there and did some work back the corner of their waiting area.

The other update, 21P22 seemed to take a whole lot longer. I left my car there all day and they did not call me to say it was done until after 4 PM. If you are taking your car in for updates, make sure they do the 21P22 update though, that is the big one. Things got noticeably better with that update.

Are they ordering a spare windshield before you do your recall work? Or what parts are you waiting for?

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
Thread hack: there are several MME in the Richmond area. 2 others and I are in Chesterfield county. @mkhuffman and @Av8tor are also local. The time has come for a meetup! You guys can drive my SB 2022 GT (without a hands-free rear hatch LOL). Give this post a thumbs up to show your interest and, if I see some, I'll start a meetup thread in the Regional/Mid-Atlantic forum.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I am in Williamsburg, and the Ford dealer here has been great with literally everything.

They did all my software module updates, every single one, and for no charge. They even do state inspections for free!

OP
OP
Paddler

Paddler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did 21B36 in the summer I think, and it did not take long. I waited there and did some work back the corner of their waiting area.

The other update, 21P22 seemed to take a whole lot longer. I left my car there all day and they did not call me to say it was done until after 4 PM. If you are taking your car in for updates, make sure they do the 21P22 update though, that is the big one. Things got noticeably better with that update.

Are they ordering a spare windshield before you do your recall work? Or what parts are you waiting for?
I didn't question the person I talked with. When I said I wanted to have the one year service she started off with stating it included an oil change...

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thread hack: there are several MME in the Richmond area. 2 others and I are in Chesterfield county. @mkhuffman and @Av8tor are also local. The time has come for a meetup! You guys can drive my SB 2022 GT (without a hands-free rear hatch LOL). Give this post a thumbs up to show your interest and, if I see some, I'll start a meetup thread in the Regional/Mid-Atlantic forum.
Steve, I am interested in the Richmond meet up if you want to try to find a date. I have noticed that regional posts do not show up in my "feed" so you might need to tag everyone interested.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
I'm in Hampton Roads, less than two hours away, so I'd be interested.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I'm in Hampton Roads, less than two hours away, so I'd be interested.
Don't have my MME yet, scheduled for the week of 3/14, but am interested in a meetup!

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Got my WINDOW sticker! Next week is production week, things are moving!!

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
Steve, I am interested in the Richmond meet up if you want to try to find a date. I have noticed that regional posts do not show up in my "feed" so you might need to tag everyone interested.
Mike - I just created a new thread about a meetup on April 2 in Midlothian, VA. The thread is in the Mid-Atlantic regional forum. I included in it the forum handles (@_____ handles) of about 46 forum members throughout VA. AFAIK, including the handles will push notifications to all those members about the thread. Did I do that correctly? Did you receive a notification?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mike - I just created a new thread about a meetup on April 2 in Midlothian, VA. The thread is in the Mid-Atlantic regional forum. I included in it the forum handles (@_____ handles) of about 46 forum members throughout VA. AFAIK, including the handles will push notifications to all those members about the thread. Did I do that correctly? Did you receive a notification?
Got it!
Sponsored