Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
Can non-residents of Oklahoma share their experiences paying tolls when traveling through the state? My I-Pass isn‘t accepted in OK or TX. Looks like their camera system will mail notices to owners for payment. I could register to get their device and load $$ but future road trips through OK don’t seem likely.

Appreciate any comments so I can plan accordingly for this early spring round trip from IL to AZ and back.
Sponsored

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Can non-residents of Oklahoma share their experiences paying tolls when traveling through the state? My I-Pass isn‘t accepted in OK or TX. Looks like their camera system will mail notices to owners for payment. I could register to get their device and load $$ but future road trips through OK don’t seem likely.

Appreciate any comments so I can plan accordingly for this early spring round trip from IL to AZ and back.
For the Texas toll road around Austin, that is exactly how it works (i.e., you get mailed a bill).

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My only experience in Oklahoma was about 10 years ago when I drove on a weird sketchy toll road illegally because I didn’t have any quarters to toss into the un-manned “bin” in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully they have improved…

MarleysMME

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm from TX and have a NTTA toll tag. I routinely drive I-44 from Wichita Falls to Lawton and always stop and pay the toll at the booth. My last trip a saw a sign that intrigued me so I asked the toll booth attendant if my Texas toll tag would work in OK. She said it should and if it didn't the cameras would capture my license and they would mail me a bill. Haven't tried it yet but I'm anxious to see if it works!

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Did a road trip through OK a few years ago and they sent me a bill using my license plate. It was easy.

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Haven't tried it yet but I'm anxious to see if it works!
It always works great for me, one of the tollbooth attendants saw my tag the first time I rolled through and just told me to use the drive-thru automated lanes from then on, and the charges always show up in my account within a couple days (probably sooner but I never thought to check). I've done it with 2 different vehicles.

It also worked on the Kansas Turnpike last time I drove to Iowa.

Interstate reciprocity is a beautiful thing.

OP
OP
@kWhpony

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks for the quick feedback everybody!!!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Oklahoma is in the process of implementing the plate pay system, but is only active on one turnpike at the moment. Typically if you don't pay and get a letter in the mail its a violation.

I'd suggest stopping and paying the toll at the toll booths to avoid getting a ticket in the mail or possibly pulled over for toll evasion.

They also allow you to call them within 3 days of missing a toll and pay it over the phone and they'll remove it from the violation list.

OP
OP
@kWhpony

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
We made our trip from IL to AZ on March 22-24. While we paid at manned toll booths, we also encountered 2 locations where the manned lanes were closed. On Monday May 2 an invoice showed up for the 2 locations that caught our license plates on camera. No late fees were applied. Expect to do the same on the return trip to IL on May 9-11.
Sponsored