cdr_taggart

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Preface: I'm really enjoying the car overall.

I was using adaptive cruise in some heavy traffic and noticed a loud click in the cabin whenever the regen brake kicked on. I've had the car for over a month and just now noticed. It only happens at lower speeds (or maybe only audible because there's less cabin noise, but it's pretty loud). Has anybody else experienced this or is it just my car?

Also, adaptive cruise makes driving much more enjoyable. Unfortunately it needs some tuning in heavy traffic scenarios. The behavior was completely unpredictable. Sometimes the car would accelerate/decelerate comfortably, other times not so much. On several occasions the car would start launching towards the car in front of me even though it was already slowing down. Sometimes it would even engage the friction brakes at low speeds. It started to make me carsick at some points, but not enough for me to disable it and have to deal with the pedal myself ?.
Sponsored

Last edited:

buzzman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium, 2019 BMW X5
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Preface: I'm really enjoying the car overall.

I was using adaptive cruise in some heavy traffic and noticed a loud click in the cabin whenever the regen brake kicked on. I've had the car for over a month and just now noticed. It only happens at lower speeds (or maybe only audible because there's less cabin noise, but it's pretty loud). Has anybody else experienced this or is it just my car?

Also, adaptive cruise makes driving much more enjoyable. Unfortunately it needs some tuning in heavy traffic scenarios. The behavior was completely unpredictable. Sometimes the car would accelerate/decelerate comfortably, other times not so much. On several occasions the car would start launching towards the car in front of me even though it was already slowing down. Sometimes it would even engage the friction brakes at low speeds. It started to make me carsick at some points, but not enough for me to disable it and have to deal with the pedal myself ?.
I noticed the clicking too. So that's normal?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah I've heard it as well at low speeds.

I'm guessing that its the car using the friction brakes instead of regen at slow speeds so maybe something like the ABS pump coming on.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Sounds like it’s the solenoids charging up the brakes. If you’re using the friction brakes heavily that would be my guess. I personally haven’t noticed this on my MME but have on previous hybrids. Have you tried different driving modes? I have found whisper with ICC to be a pleasing experience in stop and go traffic.

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
I noticed the clicking too. So that's normal?
I also noticed that clocking noise. Was in a 2 hour low speed traffic jam yesterday and set it up to just follow traffic but the clicking noise started annoying me. Nice to know it is normal-ish.
Sponsored