SpaceWhite2022

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Country flag
Anyone had any recent luck with San Diego County dealerships? I've called around and have been getting 5k-10k over MSRP...
I have a MME on order but, rather try and get something off the lot with little to no ADM than wait 6-8 months of my F150 gas expense
Sponsored

fireman_pete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Lexus RX350
Occupation
Firefighter
Best deal I have found in SD is at Kearny Mesa Ford. NO ADM, but 2 add-ons,

$1,995 security system
$1,995 carefree package

Most dealers have a $5K+ add on, with nothing for it. At least the 2 add-ons above have some sort of value.

Also, they will ONLY sell to you if you live in SD county. I am in Temecula, and they would not sell to me.

Pete

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
OK sorry you must want an existing car, not ordering one. I must have missed that.
Yah, customer orders are $0 ADM for most dealers, but any dealer inventory, demo, mannequin, customer abandoned MME are subject to a hefty ADM.

My MME dealer called me and said he has the same color, trim, options abandoned customer order incoming since mine is 4-5 months out. He asked how much over MSRP was I willing to pay. He then said they are taking offers and highest offer w/ highest deposit wins.

I told him, I will wait for my ordered MME since I don't believe in paying over MSRP for a rapidly depreciating asset.

OP
OP

SpaceWhite2022

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Country flag
Yah, customer orders are $0 ADM for most dealers, but any dealer inventory, demo, mannequin, customer abandoned MME are subject to a hefty ADM.

My MME dealer called me and said he has the same color, trim, options abandoned customer order incoming since mine is 4-5 months out. He asked how much over MSRP was I willing to pay. He then said they are taking offers and highest offer w/ highest deposit wins.

I told him, I will wait for my ordered MME since I don't believe in paying over MSRP for a rapidly depreciating asset.
I just hope we don't miss out on the Federal Tax Credit, which means the car needs to come in 3Q this year...

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
I just hope we don't miss out on the Federal Tax Credit, which means the car needs to come in 3Q this year...
There are plenty of threads on here about when Ford will hit the magical 200K number, but the general consensus is that the full tax credit will be available through Q4 this year and possibly Q1 of 2023.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Yah - that's why when my F150 Lightning order came thru this month, I wanted to hold off for the 2023 MY XLT trim but then I may miss out on the $7500 tax credit.

So I ended up ordering the Lariat trim for $70K :eek:
Sponsored