Saving Navigation Addresses?

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
True but by the same people who designed it inadequately in the first place?
Aww come on. SW is never perfect and what is easy and intuitive for one person is not for another. It's easy for you to say "this is the way it should be". But that may not be the way I think it should be.

Its complicated. Accessibility concerns, performance, reliability, safety, etc all come into play, including human psychology.

Not to mention the all important, time, money, quality triad.

Engineering, especially SW, is always about compromise, and its up to the developers to figure out the best places to do so.
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Aww come on. SW is never perfect and what is easy and intuitive for one person is not for another. It's easy for you to say "this is the way it should be". But that may not be the way I think it should be.

Its complicated. Accessibility concerns, performance, reliability, safety, etc all come into play, including human psychology.

Not to mention the all important, time, money, quality triad.

Engineering, especially SW, is always about compromise, and its up to the developers to figure out the best places to do so.
I agree that I was a bit harsh. As someone who has developed several educational/training software packages over the years, I fully understand your points. Whenever a significant issue arose with any of my software, I would always have another person or team work on the issue (in addition to myself) and believe that is a good practice. I would assume that is the case for Ford. Fresh perspective never hurts although it might not always be the most efficient approach.

miked47a

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition MME AWD Rapid Red
Country flag
Ok nobody responded to your question--not sure if you figured it out or not but I did and it isn't obvious at all. I only happened to find it because I touched the screen in the right way...

Here is the secret:
Search for a location(s) and tap the one you want (so the screen shows it like you want to go there with the green "Go" button).

Now the super secret thing to do: touch the name/address of the location and drag it up. You'll see the star button, weather and a whole bunch of extra info--a lot really as you can drag it up a lot.
Thank you SO much! I have spent hours trying to figure this out!!!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Ok nobody responded to your question--not sure if you figured it out or not but I did and it isn't obvious at all. I only happened to find it because I touched the screen in the right way...

Here is the secret:
Search for a location(s) and tap the one you want (so the screen shows it like you want to go there with the green "Go" button).

Now the super secret thing to do: touch the name/address of the location and drag it up. You'll see the star button, weather and a whole bunch of extra info--a lot really as you can drag it up a lot.
Ok this shows you that the lead designer of the system was on LSD! At least that explains a lot of things. By the way, I'll never remember this function.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Ok this shows you that the lead designer of the system was on LSD! At least that explains a lot of things. By the way, I'll never remember this function.
All you have to remember is to occasionally scroll up. There are a few gems around the system if you scroll up on a screen or two.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
There are some other really handy features if you scroll the screen there. Charging stations have all kinds of information (if they're in Ford Network, if they're fast charge, etc), if it has Yelp star ratings or information, you can see all the details there, and even parking garages show prices and information.

slambertr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
God bless this Forum! I looked for it everywhere and tried the digital owner’s manual. Nothing. And I consider myself (relatively) tech savvy.
THANK YOU!

Livesteamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Expedition, 2021 Red Mach E premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can save trips on the FordPass app.
Go to app.
Click on Map on the bottom of screen.
Trip planner.
Create new trip plan.
Send to your vehicle.
Note: you can only save ten trips.

mjmarco33

First Name
mjm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021MACH E
Country flag
OY. They must have given the new guy that UI. It's not like there's not enough real estate to just show the star, or a "more" button, the 3 dots, anything intuitive.
That exists now. Power Update 1.7.1