Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Space Project Manager
Country flag
Hi All,

First post on this forum that I have been reading for a while. :)

I own a 2022 Mach-E since October 2022, and have already driven about 28,200 km. When I took delivery of the car, the dealer announced a service interval of 30,000 km or 2 years. However I cannot find any mention of this 30,000 km interval in the owner's manual. Also, I have not yet received any message on the dashboard about an upcoming service, while my previous car warned me about 3500 km before the next service.

The FordPass app only displays 2 years service intervals, without any mention of a maximum number of kilometers between services. I just called the Ford dealer that sold me the car, and he confirmed me that as long as I don't receive any service message on my dashboard, I can continue driving and that he cannot see any kilometer limit for my car in his system neither.

The odometer is now displaying 28,200 km. Will a service message appear soon, or will I have to wait for two years before the first service? At that moment, my car will probably be around 80,000 km. This seems to be a lot.

Have any of you already passed the 30,000 km mark / first service with a 2022 car? Apparently, there might be some differences in service intervals between 2021 and 2022 cars. I am posting on the European forum as service intervals are apparently not the same than in North America. Thanks for your feedback.
Sponsored

Last edited:

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Frederic,

My 2022 Mach E now has 46 thousand miles. I am the only owner.

Understanding that North American and European Mach Es might list different service intervals, I assure you that during my two (so far) dealer services, the technician only checked items, and didn't replace anything... no fluids, no worn mechanical components. They did rotate my tires - the only actual "service action".

I hope this is helpful for you.

OP
OP

Fred-E

First Name
Frederic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Space Project Manager
Country flag
Thanks for your feedback Martin, much appreciated. Since I have two sets of tires (for summer and winter), they are rotated anyway two times a year. Now, I am still wondering if it is reasonable to have checks of vital mechanical components so far away from each other. I understand that there is no significant risk as long as everything is working as expected (no engine oil,, no filters, no plugs, limited brake pads wear...). But what would happen if abnormal wear/leaks/corrosion/hidden damage go noticed for tens of thousands kilometers? Even simple visual checks may be useful. The fact that the service interval is so different between North America an Europe for what is about the same car looks a bit weird, no?

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
They removed the km interval, its just two years, nothing else. My 21 got a service done at 30k, when I delivered the car for 60k I just got it returned and told no service is required since the 30k interval was removed. There is no indicator for interval service. Mine is soon due for 2 years since the first 30k, now its at 113000km on the counter, so about 80000km since last service.

The two year interval is for replacing coolant and brake fluid, which already had two year and no km interval (was removed a few years ago).

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Hi All,

I own a 2022 Mach-E since October 2022, and have already driven about 28,200 km. When I took delivery of the car, the dealer announced a service interval of 30,000 km or 2 years. However I cannot find any mention of this 30,000 km interval in the owner's manual. Also, I have not yet received any message on the dashboard about an upcoming service, while my previous car warned me about 3500 km before the next service.

The FordPass app only displays 2 years service intervals, without any mention of a maximum number of kilometers between services. I just called the Ford dealer that sold me the car, and he confirmed me that as long as I don't receive any service message on my dashboard, I can continue driving and that he cannot see any kilometer limit for my car in his system neither.

The odometer is now displaying 28,200 km. Will a service message appear soon, or will I have to wait for two years before the first service? At that moment, my car will probably be around 80,000 km. This seems to be a lot.

Have any of you already passed the 30,000 km mark / first service with a 2022 car? Apparently, there might be some differences in service intervals between 2021 and 2022 cars. I am posting on the European forum as service intervals are apparently not the same than in North America. Thanks for your feedback.
Mine’s a UK ‘21 model, one of the first.

Got it in June ‘21.

When service intervals were 1yr or 18,500miles I took it in for service in February ‘22 for first service at 18,500 miles.

When it reached 37,000 miles I tried to book it in for 2nd service and they said it wasn’t due because service intervals had just been extended to 2yrs unlimited mileage!!

For me that is 60,000 miles between services.

Unhappy with this, I took it in for a minor service and check over at 42,000 miles.

Just before 60,000 miles inJune ‘23 I took it in for its 2-year service and brake fluid change before end of warranty in case there were any issues that may not otherwise have been discovered until after warranty expired.

It’s not good to overthink things but 60,000 is excessive between times when somebody goes under car to take a look.

I do tend to have a couple of full 4-wheel alignment checks per year to maintain good, even tyre wear which should also keep range as good as it could be.

OP
OP

Fred-E

First Name
Frederic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Space Project Manager
Country flag
Thank you all for your feedback. I will just stop worrying and hope that all the parts will stay together until October 2024. Also, I won't complain if I can spend less time and money at the workshop. Still, it's strange that this service interval is not documented anywhere.

I'm afraid that a lot of car mechanics will be looking for a new job before the end of the decade.

Last edited:

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi All,

Hi Fred,

I got my MME in November 2022 and was initially told by my dealer that the first service
was due in 2 years. However in the UK Ford include a year’s breakdown cover on purchase but to renew this annually you have to submit your MME to the dealer for an annual inspection “service” at which time I suspect that the tyres may be rotated. For me it’s just as well that service intervals are not mileage based as I have only done 3900 miles since acquisition!

Last edited:

Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I can confirm that service is due after 2 years. I took appointment for 30.000 Km service last April as written in the manual, but when I went to the dealer they told me that no service was due at the time and that I had to wait for 2-year service.

Chris D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aston Martin Vantage V8, Mustang Mach-E Premium EX
Country flag
Hi Frederic, I confirm what previous people said about the 2 year interval.
I took delivery early July this year, and they told me it's just 2 years, regardless of kilometers.
This is in Belgium too.

Just relax and enjoy the ride ;)

ToRue

First Name
Tobias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E4X
Country flag
Service interval in Germany is 2 years without any limitation regarding kilometres. Just had my first service.

OP
OP

Fred-E

First Name
Frederic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Space Project Manager
Country flag