Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
After less than 2 weeks (and 700 miles) of having the car I ran into a "Service Vehicle Soon" pop-up on my GT. Build week was 6/27 which I thought had the newer HVBJB. FordPass app says it's a "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power."
Ford Mustang Mach-E Service Vehicle Soon, Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power Screenshot_20221106_140651_FordPass

I decided to drive to somewhere for lunch anyways. After lunch when I started the car, it didn't report any issues anymore.

I'm hoping it's just a software glitch since it seems to be common after the software updates. What are your experiences with the "Service Vehicle Soon" message? I really don't want to bring my car to the dealership where I bought it. Any recommendations on what to do?
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
You should get an OBD reader and see what codes you got, especially on such a new car...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
After less than 2 weeks (and 700 miles) of having the car I ran into a "Service Vehicle Soon" pop-up on my GT. Build week was 6/27 which I thought had the newer HVBJB. FordPass app says it's a "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power."
Ford Mustang Mach-E Service Vehicle Soon, Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power Screenshot_20221106_140651_FordPass

I decided to drive to somewhere for lunch anyways. After lunch when I started the car, it didn't report any issues anymore.

I'm hoping it's just a software glitch since it seems to be common after the software updates. What are your experiences with the "Service Vehicle Soon" message? I really don't want to bring my car to the dealership where I bought it. Any recommendations on what to do?
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your powertrain malfunction concern on my end.

OP
OP
LeWe

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
One of the forum members reached out to run my VIN and they said it was a gear selector issue. I suspect it should be fine if this is the case.

Sadly I don't have an OBD reader device yet but I started shopping for one to look into these kinds of issues.

Note that the issue has not surfaced again even after some DC fast charging and wide open throttle events.

OP
OP
LeWe

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
I just had this issue pop up again. Same error on the vehicle and same message on the FordPass app.

What's weird is I took my car on a whole roadtrip to Grand Canyon and drove ~2000 miles in a week during the Christmas holidays and never had any issues. But just driving it around home and ran into the issue right away. I hope it's just a software glitch or maybe I spun the gear selector too fast. I'll keep you all updated!

OP
OP
LeWe

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
And again on the next startup the error has disappeared from the vehicle dashboard.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Sadly I don't have an OBD reader device yet but I started shopping for one to look into these kinds of issues.
A) You need one of these. Otherwise it’s just a guess. B) THEN when you see what’s wrong, take it to the dealer you don’t like, or one you do. You could even skip A and go straight to B. The choice is yours.

dipenami

First Name
Dipen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
my 2022 Mustang Mach-E premium was purchased on October 2022, on January 16th, got AWD fault service required msg. then it stalled at the traffic light and Ford roadside towed it to the closest ford dealer, now it has been sitting there since then, they started diagnostics but it has been going on for 3-4 days but haven't given me any details, they do not have loaner and I can't rent a car since Ford warranty requires full diagnostics before commit to any rental.

I started looking online for the resources and came to this forum and seems like my car may have this issue about HVBJB failure, since this is known I hope that dealership's service tech. should know about this.

question is, since dealership and Ford customer relations line are not helping in this situation for either fixing my car or have rental or loaner, what would be the solution? or am I on the mercy of that ford dealership?

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
my 2022 Mustang Mach-E premium was purchased on October 2022, on January 16th, got AWD fault service required msg. then it stalled at the traffic light and Ford roadside towed it to the closest ford dealer, now it has been sitting there since then, they started diagnostics but it has been going on for 3-4 days but haven't given me any details, they do not have loaner and I can't rent a car since Ford warranty requires full diagnostics before commit to any rental.

I started looking online for the resources and came to this forum and seems like my car may have this issue about HVBJB failure, since this is known I hope that dealership's service tech. should know about this.

question is, since dealership and Ford customer relations line are not helping in this situation for either fixing my car or have rental or loaner, what would be the solution? or am I on the mercy of that ford dealership?
Take a look at this thread. Some good advices. Including starting a case with BEV team.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ers-biggest-fear-facts-and-info-thread.18143/

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag

With a 2022 bought in October, 2022, I would not jump to conclusions about this being a HVBJB failure. The fact that it came up with an AWD error and then just stalled tells me this is something else. I would open a case with the BEV team so they can assist with getting a rental/loaner set up or reimbursed once the diagnosis is complete. They can also sometimes help with getting your dealer to look at the car if they start dragging their feet.

While it is unfortunate you have had a failure so early in your ownership, you did really luck out finding this forum as a result of the failure. I have learned so much more about the car from this forum that could ever be learned from reading the manual. You will also find there are a lot of very helpful members on this board who give up a lot of their time to help out other MME owners. I can truly say the members on this forum (and they know who they are) are probably one of the more valuable assets of the MME.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi there. This "service vehicle soon" concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

dipenami

First Name
Dipen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Hi there. This "service vehicle soon" concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Thank you, for your reply, looks like this issue has been resolved after replacing 12V battery.
Sponsored