OP
OP

dcacosta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Let’s just assume you’re correct that based upon your situation you can’t use the $7,500 tax credit. That tax credit is still worth $7,500 to most people. Which means this car is now worth at least $7,500 less than MSRP.

Well, except that the car is “worth” what somebody is willing to pay for it. So you just have to ask yourself if you’re willing to pay that price for that car. It’s an awesome car and an awesome color, but only you can decide what you want to pay for it.

Just know that you’ll be buying a car for close to MSRP, even though it has already depreciated by over $7,500. That’ll suck if you decide to turn around and sell it anytime soon.
Thank you for your feedback! And everyone else as well. As luck would have it, I received a call from my dealership advising that the FE I originally ordered is FINALLY in!!!! Same car, just Carbonized Grey. I think it only makes sense to go with the NEW vehicle, pay a little more and get all of the incentives. I was getting impatient because my car took 3 months to get here from the time it was shipped. Saved by the bell!
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thank you for your feedback! And everyone else as well. As luck would have it, I received a call from my dealership advising that the FE I originally ordered is FINALLY in!!!! Same car, just Carbonized Grey. I think it only makes sense to go with the NEW vehicle, pay a little more and get all of the incentives. I was getting impatient because my car took 3 months to get here from the time it was shipped. Saved by the bell!
I think some of the advice you received would have been different if it was clear that you already had an FE on order.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congratulations

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
I think some of the advice you received would have been different if it was clear that you already had an FE on order.
I'm curious, are/were you a professor or something similar? I'm curious because of your voluminous posts about EVERYTHING that sometimes appear to castigate other adults. Is it possible for other adults to be left to their style of communication, especially during their excitement about transitioning into their first EVs. Not everyone reads and replies to nearly every forum. So, their knowledge of some imaginary mode of communication and grasp of all of the previously-discussed issues are limited. Please consider allowing other willing folks to answer without adding doses of remediation.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I'm curious, are/were you a professor or something similar? I'm curious because of your voluminous posts about EVERYTHING that sometimes appear to castigate other adults. Is it possible for other adults to be left to their style of communication, especially during their excitement about transitioning into their first EVs. Not everyone reads and replies to nearly every forum. So, their knowledge of some imaginary mode of communication and grasp of all of the previously-discussed issues are limited. Please consider allowing other willing folks to answer without adding doses of remediation.
Offense taken to your generalization about professors?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
That’s a reasonable position. If it were me, I would have haggled the dealer down to a more reasonable price for a used Grabber Blue. :)
Sponsored