Bdsmith10

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach e premium
Country flag
I live in miami no garage. Before getting my grizzl-e. I always made sure the ford mobile charger was placed on edge of brick to elevate it and allow air flow. I also avoided daytime charging due to heat. The good news it’s under warranty
Hi. Do you know if I need to take my charger to the dealer or call Ford directly to claim the warranty?
Sponsored

MG 308

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My charger is doing the same thing and I charged all summer without issues. The temperature has dropped here - today was in the mid 60s. It just started with the orange light today. Not good timing since I have to leave on a lot of
driving tomorrow and it is charging at 3kw. It normally charges at 6kW.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Call your dealer it is covered under 3 year warranty

Hoovertac

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Mustang Shelby, 20 Escape, 21 Mach E
Occupation
Crisis Intervention
Country flag
My apologies for the redundancy of this post, perhaps… I have searched other threads, but could not find an answer to my specific question. I have a 2021 Mach E extended battery. I have a 240 outlet at home and use the standard charger supplied. I use preferred settings and charge to 90%. For the first year or so I was getting a full charge overnight. Now over several months I’m getting probably half that. Last night it was on there for 12 hours and I got a 40% charge. Is this a software issue? Other suggestions?
Could definitely be the the supplied charger as they may have have a limited life span.

However…. There are known multiple issues with the ‘21 that involve reduced domestic charging as a symptom.

Does your MME charge ‘normally’ when you use any other L2 charger away from home?

Did this issue start after any updates?

My ‘21 AWD ER went into the shop for a deficient domestic charging issue that came out of nowhere….and their MME whisperer claims I need a new charge port as the current one has developed ‘too much resistance to the level II charging’ couldn’t explain why.

Replacement is covered by warranty.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Could definitely be the the supplied charger as they may have have a limited life span.

However…. There are known multiple issues with the ‘21 that involve reduced domestic charging as a symptom.

Does your MME charge ‘normally’ when you use any other L2 charger away from home?

Did this issue start after any updates?

My ‘21 AWD ER went into the shop for a deficient domestic charging issue that came out of nowhere….and their MME whisperer claims I need a new charge port as the current one has developed ‘too much resistance to the level II charging’ couldn’t explain why.

Replacement is covered by warranty.
I need a whisperer, I brought my car in for my so called yo-yo charging, goes from 40-32-40-32 amp constantly. They said they couldn’t find an issue but I don’t believe they checked the charger port even though I mentioned it, a waste of time.

as usual Ford is totally silent on an issue that affects many people across the country.

18 months until my option plan comes due and good bye Ford.
Sponsored