So, I got an email this past week that my complimentary BlueCruise subscription is about to expire, and it got me thinking…

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
My subscription was supposed to be up today, so for curiosity I logged into the Ford website to check. What it shows now is the subscription expires on April 10. Guess I'll wait and see what it says next month.

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
My subscription was supposed to be up today, so for curiosity I logged into the Ford website to check. What it shows now is the subscription expires on April 10. Guess I'll wait and see what it says next month.
I got a phone call from ford with a survey about BC, and they told me that they were extending my complimentary trial for an additional month. I told them that it Is insulting to charge me the same money they are charging other vehicles when those two vehicles are receiving vastly different levels of support.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I got a phone call from ford with a survey about BC, and they told me that they were extending my complimentary trial for an additional month. I told them that it Is insulting to charge me the same money they are charging other vehicles when those two vehicles are receiving vastly different levels of support.
Did you renew?

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I did not, as they kept extending my trial.
That said, I have no intention to pot $800/yr for a service that I am lagging behind others while still being expected to pay the same as them.
And even then, $800/yr is WAY too much.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I wonder if I will get to experience BC in my 2 year old MachE before my free subscription expires?
Have you not taken it into the dealer to get it yet? 21G01 is the program. If you don't bring it to the dealer you'll never have it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I did not, as they kept extending my trial.
That said, I have no intention to pot $800/yr for a service that I am lagging behind others while still being expected to pay the same as them.
You'll be grandfathered into the $600 for 3 year renewal. I still think that's too much, but it's not as ludicrous as $800/yr.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I wonder if I will get to experience BC in my 2 year old MachE before my free subscription expires?
The free year doesn't start until it's activated. But the dealer activation CSP will expire, so don't wait.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You're not missing much IMO. I'm one of the few that doesn't like it. Makes me more nervous having the car trying to steer itself at 75 MPH, just waiting for it to screw up where I have to grab the wheel at any second when it scares the crap out of us. Much less stressful just steering myself. But I know I'm in the minority.

It's cool tech that many people love to play with, but it's just not for me.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Have you not taken it into the dealer to get it yet? 21G01 is the program. If you don't bring it to the dealer you'll never have it.
Yes, it has been to the dealer twice in the last year, both times the dealer said I had it now, but both times, the BC screen failed to come up for me. I have had the blue bubble for quite a while, which has proved beneficial for long trips. The next service, I will specifically ask about the 21G01. Thanks for that Mach-Lee! Unfortunately, the dealer where I bought it was fabulous, great and knowledgeable, closed their business early last year during all the shortages. The next closest Dealer does not seem to know what an EV is, although the last I heard they had finally reduced the amount of ADM so were starting to move some Mach E’s. What I would really like is to get my PAAK back, but the Dealer says I need to call FORD for that, not sure why they couldn’t restore it. Good news: I still get compliments and questions about my Red CA Rt 1 and I do like driving it!

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Interestingly Ford sent me an "Optional improvement program 21G01" letter (via actual mail) the other day. I have BC1.0 have had it since I got in in Jan 23. They also mentioned that they'd extend BC 'trial' for another year. But that this program ends Dec 31st 2023. :scratches head:

Mark-E

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Chemical engineer
Country flag
EDIT: It has been pointed out to me that the Ford BlueCruise website makes specific mention of BC being tied to Connected Services, for which there is a 3-year subscription. So I withdraw my complaint.
Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 10.43.11 AM.jpg
While I've been aware for a long time (though not until after I bought my GT in March last year) that BC is subscription-based, I cannot find it stated anywhere. It's not on the window sticker, it wasn't in the online info when I bought the car. I've RTFM'd and there is no mention of BC being a subscription there either. (Lots of mentions about SiriusXM being subscription-based however.) I only know about it because of this forum. So while I don't doubt that it is in fact subscription-based, I'm wondering if I (and others) have a case that in fact we should be able to have continued use of BC for free?

No flames please - just an honest question.
I’m with you, between abbreviated full power, new high speed charging limits and now suggesting that a feature I BOUGHT is now a subscription service… looks like a class action suit to me.