Rdonlon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
POP @FORD
Country flag
I want to preface this with I have had this car for about ~2 months and have over 6,000miles on it and I love it.

I was starting my drive to work today and I use the adaptive cruise control 99% of the time. I was using it today aswell. I pull up to a red stoplight and there's a single car Infront of my turning right. They turn right when the light was red and the adaptive cruise control starts to accelerate. I quickly hit it off and then bam. Car comes to an abrupt stop. Bunch of error messages pop up (adaptive cruise control not working, collision assist not working, service vehicle immediately, pull over, ect.). I was stopped dead in the middle of the street with nothing I could do. I had minimum power (no ac).

Steering completely locked up and was thrown into park and could change to to N.

Got a cop out there so I didn't get rear ended by someone speeding. He told me to just keep trying to get it into neutral. I stopped / restarted a handful of times and one of the times all the error messages just went away.

Was able to get it to the dealership and it's getting looked at now. I'll update when updates come from them.

I'll also try to upload a video of my front facing dash ( won't show much, but shows somethings)

Sponsored

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yikes! Keep us posted if they find out anything.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is so dangerous. I don’t have my car yet, but at my age I wonder why I would even want to own one. How many times does one have to bang their head on the wall before realizing it hurts!

good luck, and please ask Ford what happened to cause this. (In writing please) There is no excuse for them down playing it as a glitch. It’s a major flaw. makes me nervous…

OP
OP

Rdonlon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
POP @FORD
Country flag
Update: Dealer just called me and said the car received a few updates and it should be all good. I'll try to post a picture of the service report.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
First problem I see is the usage. ACC is not intended for city streets or traffic lights. It is not programmed for that environment. You are expecting it to handle things it is not programmed to do.

ACC is designed and intended for highway and freeway use. Even in very heavy stop and go traffic I have not had any issues like this.

This is not Advanced Auto-pilot of FSD Beta. Even BlueCruise is not programmed for city streets.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
ACC is designed and intended for highway and freeway use. Even in very heavy stop and go traffic I have not had any issues like this.

This is not Advanced Auto-pilot of FSD Beta. Even BlueCruise is not programmed for city streets.
The OP used ACC correctly and responsibly. They also saw what's going to happen and took action appropriately.

Advanced Autopilot isn't any better than what many traditional automakers have on their flagship vehicles today. The only difference is the name.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The OP used ACC correctly and responsibly. They also saw what's going to happen and took action appropriately.
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about not being a responsible driver.

And there is a BIG difference in could and should!

ACC states in the manual that it is intended for highways and freeways. Just because it does work in limited fashion on surface streets doesn't mean you should use it that way!

It a driver is in a wreck at a traffic light and they are using ACC or IACC I'm pretty sure Ford would not have their back.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about not being a responsible driver.

And there is a BIG difference in could and should!

ACC states in the manual that it is intended for highways and freeways. Just because it does work in limited fashion on surface streets doesn't mean you should use it that way!

It a driver is in a wreck at a traffic light and they are using ACC or IACC I'm pretty sure Ford would not have their back.
I can show you literally dozens of highways that are surface streets. Don’t get your underwear in a bunch confusing expressways with highways.

As an example O-221 is a highway, but it is still a surface street, complete with traffic signals. So is O-22

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can show you literally dozens of highways that are surface streets. Don’t get your underwear in a bunch confusing expressways with highways.

As an example O-221 is a highway, but it is still a surface street, complete with traffic signals. So is O-22
That is true, but show me were ACC is compatible with traffic control lights?