Software Gremlins: "Drive mode not available"

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
I don't know if its a "display" issue only...or if your drive mode has actually been deselected...leaving you in no mode at all?
It's definitely more than a display issue if you normally use Whisper (know this for sure) and probably Unbridled. It seems to revert to Engaged, I can feel the difference in lift off regen. immediately when it has happened to me.
Sponsored

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
This just happened to me two nights ago. 4.1.3. Exactly the moment my battery hit 49% State of Charge. I lost the ability to select any drive modes and it defaulted to what felt like whisper. Ford App keeps crashing now as well after its latest update. It went back to normal after a stop/restart.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
This just happened to me two nights ago. 4.1.3. Exactly the moment my battery hit 49% State of Charge. I lost the ability to select any drive modes and it defaulted to what felt like whisper. Ford App keeps crashing now as well after its latest update. It went back to normal after a stop/restart.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
This has happened to me twice this week on a 1 week old 2023 Premium. The drive mode definitely changed, as I usually drive in Unbridled and suddenly I would coast with no resistance when letting oot off the gas (with Unbridled you can feel the regen kick in).

I put the car in Park and was able to select mode again... really annoying

67mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'67 Mustang, '14 SVT Raptor, '23 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Okay, this just started happening to me after I got the 4.1.2 update. It's happened twice now. I see that you do not have 4.1.2. My message came up while driving but it's unclear if you were driving or stopped when it came up for you. The first time it happened, I could select the other drive modes, then after that I was able to select Unbridle(d) again. The second time it happened, I had to turn the car off then back on to get it allow me to change modes again.
Did you try restarting Sync before you turned the car off and back on?

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Did you try restarting Sync before you turned the car off and back on?
I probably did since that's a standard thing to try for glitches, but I can't say for 100% sure I did.

CydAggie

First Name
Cydney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
I am having significant issues with drive mode, errors, and apparently a governor that limits top speed and acceleration on the interstate where the speed limit was 80ā€¦.could not maintain speed going up hills. Dealership is telling me they will need my car for 2 weeks to diagnose but will not offer a loaner. Please help!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The first time this happened to me was yesterday on the way home from work. 4.1.2 OTA package. It cleared itself up and then repeated twice. I did not see it this morning on the way to work. If I see it again I will try a Sync reboot, but as I said before it cleared itself within moments each time it happened. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Just chiming in, Iā€™m on 4.1.3 and got ā€œDrive Mode Not Availableā€ while driving and stopped at stoplight. Seems to be a widespread bug. Also PAAK would not work at all this morning, not sure if it was phone I didnā€™t have time to test I just grabbed the fob.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
4.1.2 and Iā€™ve had it three times since the update (FDRS, not OTA). Each time, I was in Unbridled and had been driving for about 45-60 minutes. It then cut down to Engage. One time (the first), it was shortly followed by a message about BlueCruise being unavailable as the wheel jerked hard to the right (I was too caught-up in pulling the car back into the lane to read the message). It hasnā€™t done that little trick again since, however, with the other two drive mode events.

Iā€™m going to pull codes and see whatā€™s up; I just havenā€™t had a chance yet due to work/life, etc. Maybe Iā€™ll give myself the 4.1.3 patch while Iā€™m in there since I havenā€™t gotten it OTA yet.

Deleted member 13372

This just started happening to me yesterday. ā€˜23 Premium, no updates since delivery date of 12/5/22. Really odd, a bit disconcerting. Going from Unbridle to Engaged.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
There is a TSB about this issue, needs a visit to the dealer

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Mine has not (yet) repeated this behavior since the 3x it did on my drive home last week. My car says that it has downloaded 4.1.3 as of Sunday night but it has not installed it yet. This probably doesnā€™t have anything to do with anything. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©
Sponsored